Holy Shnikeys - what is the difference between a cold control and a defrost control and some machines have both?

ABCVending

Tracing a no-start compressor on a DN 5591 - was thinking it was the cold control, looking at manuals it looks like maybe the freaking machine has a cold control AND a defrost control?

Which one is most likely to keep the the compressor from kicking on? - the cold control is adjustable - does not look like the defrost control is...

Any of this make sense, or do I need to stop drinking at lunch....

It could be either thermostat.  Pull them both and bypass the defrost to see if it cools.  If it still doesn't then your regular cold control is bad, if none of the wiring is burned.  You might need to pull the power supply box off the back wall to check all the wiring.  If bypassing the defrost works then that was the problem and you should replace it and wire it back in correctly.

12 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Lunch? You mean driving between stops?

Nope, if I'm drinking I let Uber do the driving - lol, wonder if the Uber driver let me load a couple totes and some flats and make a few route stops....

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

It could be either thermostat.  Pull them both and bypass the defrost to see if it cools.  If it still doesn't then your regular cold control is bad, if none of the wiring is burned.  You might need to pull the power supply box off the back wall to check all the wiring.  If bypassing the defrost works then that was the problem and you should replace it and wire it back in correctly.

Ok - I should know right away when I bypass the defrost because the compressor will kick on?

Archived