Glasgow GS2

QuikVend

I just tried upgrading a GS-2 in December.  When I switched to the MDB cable, the machine read 'Out of Service'.  Upgraded EPROM and NOTHING worked.  I tried doing a RAM clear, but the menu was whacked.  The EPROM worked in another 159.  Put the old EPROM back into the GS2 and took out the MDB cable and everything worked, as before.  Wound up switching out the machine to add PayRange for the account.

I'd also like to know what other inexpensive steps to take to make this machine MDB.

Check the serial number that you can read in front of the board.  I have 2 i want to upgrade and i was told that if it uses the same connectors as a 147/148, then you can use a conversion kit for those.  I might take a chance on one.  And it's glasco lol

Yes you can. I have done it to GS1 and GS2

Very cheap and easy!

The GS1/GS2 control board is the same as the Crane 157/158 when replacing/adding the following parts you are turning your Glasco into a much better Crane National 157/158 with all the benefits of MDB. 

You will need:

Crane eprom 158.23 or higher

Crane 157/158 keypad overlay (this is the hardest part of the job)

Crane 157/158 mdb harness

Crane 157/158 service keypad

Crane 157/158 Door Switch

You will probably get the out of service message on the display after changing out these parts but a ram clear will have you up and running. 

10 hours ago, Snickers said:

Very cheap and easy!

The GS1/GS2 control board is the same as the Crane 157/158 when replacing/adding the following parts you are turning your Glasco into a much better Crane National 157/158 with all the benefits of MDB. 

You will need:

You will probably get the out of service message on the display after changing out these parts but a ram clear will have you up and running. 

That's what I was hoping to see. Thanks!

On 1/5/2018 at 2:13 PM, AngryChris said:

And it's glasco lol

Lol yea it auto-corrected on me. I caught it the second time. 

12 hours ago, Snickers said:

Very cheap and easy!

You will need:

I find this hard to believe.  I'm sure this can be done on a GPL machine but if this was possible, then you should be able to turn a 147/148 into a 157/158 with the same parts.  If it's true then great, but i think you are thinking of a gpl and not a gs.  Please do confirm though.

3 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I find this hard to believe.  I'm sure this can be done on a GPL machine but if this was possible, then you should be able to turn a 147/148 into a 157/158 with the same parts.  If it's true then great, but i think you are thinking of a gpl and not a gs.  Please do confirm though.

The 147 is totally different than 157. Yes the GPL can be done the exact same way-I have done it. 

Just now, AngryChris said:

It's possible that the later versions had 157 boards in them.  Mine literally say 148-xxx on the boards.

I got lucky with mine I guess.

Have 3 of them and assumed they were all like mine. 

I suppose you could always get the Inone kit and throw in yours-Worth fixing in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

When i say it slides out, I am referring only to the board part.  The door opens to access the validator and coin mech just like in his picture.  I'll need to take pictures.

Just like the 147 yeah-Sorry Quickvend,just because it hinges doesn't mean anything the position of your board will be the determining factor.

4 minutes ago, Snickers said:

Just like the 147 yeah-Sorry Quickvend,just because it hinges doesn't mean anything the position of your board will be the determining factor.

Just like a 147.  The only real noticeable difference (without taking the board cover off) is the panel key.  The programming is different, but it might be just a matter of getting a new eprom and key to make it function like a 147.  Regardless, I am going to try to upgrade mine with a new board and drop sensor and see how it goes.  I have plenty 147/148's that could use an upgrade if this one fails anyway.  I just don't want to take the time out to mess with it.

• 1 month later...

Archived