Electrical problem with add-on lights - DN 276E

Gsquared18

Hi All,

So I added rope lighting to the inside of my machine since it didn't come with any back lighting for the Pepsi can logo. As you all probably know, there is a 2-prong outlet in the machine that the thermostat cord is plugged into. To get both the LED rope light and thermostat powered off the only outlet, I plugged in an extension cord into the machine outlet and then plugged the thermostat and LED rope light into the extension cord. Lights look great! That is...as long as the thermostat is on. Once the thermostat goes off, so do the lights. Huh? Remember, the extention cord is plugged into the on-board outlet and then the thermostat and lights are plugged in downstream of the machine's outlet. Any clues why the thermostat turning off shuts off everything besides the fan? Is this why the machine never had lights?

Or there should be a connector in the door that the ballast was plugged into, splice into that. You need to look at the wiring diagrams though, as the ballast wiring set up is kinda wonky if your not familiar with them.

Wonky for sure. I tried to follow that line and there are wires splitting off to each of the 4 ballast connectors. However, while chasing the wire, I had a V8 moment and realized I was in fact looking at the ballasts for the light bulbs. Duh! I guess my brain was looking for the typical 2-pin connector and didn't process what I was looking at. So, the wires to each of the connectors are all there so I just need to find bulbs. Some searching last night on the www only showed the option to purchase those types of bulbs in packs of at least 30. I just need two or maybe 4 as a backup and, connector to connector measured 61'' and I didn't see that size anywhere. I'll search some more.

Archived