Snacktron1

I recently purchased a Snacktron1. In the shop I was able to reset pricing, coin op worked, the bill validator worked occasionally so I've ordered a Mars replacement and adapter cable. I set it up for use planning to just use the coin op initially until the validator arrives. When I set it up, I no longer have the option to even use the validator. The message on the screen states coins only. I can't get it to vend at all. I've checked out the door switch, it seems to work properly. I'm looking for trouble shooting help.  I attempted to modify some pricing after I set it up and now on those selections the display states something like "make another selection". If anyone knows of a troubleshooting manual, I'd appreciate where I might be able to locate one. I do have the set up manual but I didn't see any trouble shooting procedures in it. Thanks for any help, it will be greatly appreciated. My earlier machines were FSI models.

I'm a little confused.  Are you saying that you cannot use coins after installing the validator?  

You say you have checked the door switch but how did you check it?

Assuming the switch is working and you shut the door to engage the switch and you got "coins only" then the problem is likely that the validator is not hooked up somewhere.  If it had a functioning MAKA (or some other validator) and it worked before then your existing harnesses should be okay, but you need the right switches on and you need to make sure the harnesses are 100% connected and the validator is good.  The only other thing to check is the plug on the top part of the validator if it's there.  It's unlikely, but sometimes they install the plugs backwards and you have to turn the plug around.  Aside from all of that, as long as you have a mars 110v validator (2511, 2501, or anything else that ends in a 1) then you are 99% good.  Your door switch can still be the root of your problems though.

Thanks for your prompt response. I apologize for the lack of clarity. My employer has allowed me to place the machine at my work place. I had it in the maintenance shop to check everything out. Initially, the coins would just pass right through to the return. I then realized the switch needed to be depressed for the coins to be counted. Somewhere along the line I began testing the validator and at first it would not even begin to accept bills. Then it began to draw them in and finally it actually accepted them on occasion. After reading about the trouble many people had with the MAKA validators I decided to order a replacement and harness to adapt to my machine. It has not arrived yet. I transported the machine about 50 yards to the lunchroom and at that point could no longer get the machine to accept coins or even try to accept bills. The display stated to use coins only, or something like that. I've actually disconnected the wires from the back of the switch and attached them together to completely bypass it and was still unable to get the coins to be accepted. There is more, but at this point, I'm just trying to learn a step at a time. If I can get the coins to be accepted, I'll then work on the bill validator when it arrives.

If they're not full, they are very close. Before I left work today I put some coins in the coin mech and they didn't cycle all the way to the return but stayed in the coin mech but didn't show the coin value like they had initially when I had it in the shop prior to placement.

Since you are just learning, why did you decide to learn on this relic?  You picked one of the oldest and most finicky machines.  Sell it and find an AP7600 or AP113 that won't be half as hard to figure out.

Archived