Jump to content
bbar97

Is this a good deal? (About to go from 1 machine to 4)

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, so i currently have 1 machine that has been making pretty decent revenue, so I have decided to pull out some money from my stock broker account and purchase 3 more machines. I know the type of machine I like (2" capsule 30" Single Machine at .50 cents) and I'm wondering if this is a good deal and a good type of machine to buy. For some reason I can't figure out what brand it is, unless the brand is "SuperPro", but the machine I have now is very similar and I've had 0 problems with it. (well, other than quarters being stuck in the bottom part of the machine next to the coin tray)  

Here is the link:  https://www.candymachines.com/Single-Stand-SuperPro-Toy-Vendor-Machine-P1610.aspx?ItemId=2531335&Options=10594,1764,7848,7853

Also, any other tips or advice you experienced vets can offer is much appreciated 😉

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that’s a cheap golpher import.

Also, you want to be at at least .75 for 2 inch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, orsd said:

No, that’s a cheap golpher import.

Also, you want to be at at least .75 for 2 inch.

 

Wouldn't there be a significant decrease in the number of people who purchase if its .75?  And what's cheap about it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bbar97 said:

Wouldn't there be a significant decrease in the number of people who purchase if its .75?  And what's cheap about it? 

Depends on what product your selling and what area you're in. I only sell 2" at $.75 and $1.00 haven't had an issues moving product. 

I don't know that particular machine, but most times the knocks off's will use plastic in places that metal should be, and they normally have cheaper mechs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bbar97 said:

Hey guys, so i currently have 1 machine that has been making pretty decent revenue, so I have decided to pull out some money from my stock broker account and purchase 3 more machines. I know the type of machine I like (2" capsule 30" Single Machine at .50 cents) and I'm wondering if this is a good deal and a good type of machine to buy. For some reason I can't figure out what brand it is, unless the brand is "SuperPro", but the machine I have now is very similar and I've had 0 problems with it. (well, other than quarters being stuck in the bottom part of the machine next to the coin tray)  

Here is the link:  https://www.candymachines.com/Single-Stand-SuperPro-Toy-Vendor-Machine-P1610.aspx?ItemId=2531335&Options=10594,1764,7848,7853

Also, any other tips or advice you experienced vets can offer is much appreciated 😉

 

 

Generally machines like this are cheaper Chinese knock off's of industry standard brands like Northwestern, Oak, Beaver and Eagle just to name a few. The machines I mentioned will last for decades and most of the time the knock offs will only make it a fraction of that time. Even the all metal coin mechs on the knock offs tend to be made out of inferior metal or lack quality engineering and ultimately fail much earlier then the name brand mechs. That said I have never seen the machine you have there. It looks like a copy of the Northwestern Super 80 which is a top of the line industry work horse. Unfortunately Northwestern is out of business so you can only buy them used now. I always encourage people to buy used quality machines on ebay, Crasigslist, etc... instead of the Chinese imports. It is usually more cost effective and you get proven quality but it can take time to find what you want. That said I can understand the interest in buying a brand new machine that looks great and is ready to go without the need to clean or paint it. If you are happy with the one you have been using then continue to use them until you detect a problem (remember consistent mis-vends and coin mech failures are a great way to be shown the door). Since you are only buying three then it not that big of a deal. If you were really wanting to build a larger business I would really start looking for Northwesterns. 

In regards to the .75 & 1.00 coin mechs I completely agree with orsd and AMD. You can sell more attractive and popular mixes at the higher price points and help your margin out as well. It is also easier to go into a new location with the higher price point then to go in at .50 cents for a year then flip to .75 or 1.00 later. Good luck going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I say cheap I don't mean low cost. I mean cheaply made, and low quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point the only company making new 2 inch machines is Beaver.

They are slightly spendy but worth the money. Also, if you ever decide to sell the machines Beavers will have a much better ROI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... Well not sure if the ones i'm looking at now are the exact same as the one i own, but if they are, everything in the machine definitely seems to be heavy duty metal as far as I can tell.  

If I decide to mix product together, what kind of display would I put up to show whats in the machine? Right now I have simple sticky hand display because thats all that is in my machine but how would you show multiple products?  

Thanks for the pricing advice too, My margins were pretty thin at .225 profit out of .50 revenue after my charity contribution. I think I'll keep my current machine as is but make sure my new ones are .75.  It was pretty frustrating the last time i ordered bulk sticky hand capsules because the shipping cost was the same regardless of the quantity. (I figured out they got the total price to EXACTLY equal .25 per capsule toy.) So the new margins should help with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For mixed product use a mix display. I believe cardinal's is called "fun time" AA global's is "treasure chest" ssm vending's is "Good stuff" they're all mix displays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×