AP 120 board / goldeneye compatibility

I have an AP 122c with a drop sensor on it.  The board keeps freezing up and I am considering just replacing it with an inone or VE UCB.  What I don't know is if the existing drop sensor is compatible with either aftermarket board.  Does anyone know this?  I might just go for an advanced exchange somewhere because I am not sure if there is an actual advantage in upgrading or not.  Any info is appreciated.

Give me a couple of days and I'll be able to answer your question for the inone board. I've got a 123 that didn't come with a control board.

I've set up the inone board that seems to be working by itself, but haven't tried the drop sensor yet. I've got the inone drop sensors, but there is the original goldeneye sensors already in place. I believe they are the '34VDC' drop sensors referred to in the destructions but have to confirm it.

They should work one way or the other (plug in directly or cut and splice green wire to change power to drop sensors). I'll let you know once I've actually got it working.

3 hours ago, lacanteen said:

The In-One board can use the original vend sensors. 

Do you guys upgrade just for consistency or is the 120 board flawed in some ways?

120 boards are getting long in the tooth and stupid. If you're not DEXing or using telemetry, it's not so bad. Also, replacement credit displays when they go bad cost over $200. Not much more gets you an In-One kit with OLED display. I'm just trying to get ahead of the avalanche of failed boards in 105 machines.

Archived