Mars upgrade

I’ve got a national 145 with a Ba30b validator that I want to upgrade to a mars validator

ive also got a Dixie 368 with a Ba30b that I want to upgrade to a mars validator. 

Im still new at this but I’m thinking since these aren’t mdb that I want to go with a 110v 2501 or a 2511, am I right? Also What harness will I need and will I need a conversion kit?

For the 368, assuming it is single price, you can buy a mars harness for a single price machine and then all you'll need is the power harness for the validator in addition to the single price harness.  That will allow you to convert it to mars.  if the 368 has an SII board in it, then just get a mars harness for an SII board (and a power harness again) and you're good to go.  If it's SIID, then you CAN get a 110v mars harness for the SIID. The SII and SIID can both be converted to MDB with a harness and you should consider doing so (which requires an MDB mech and 24v/MDB mars validator such as a 2502 or 2512).

As for the national 145, I didn't know that you could put a Coinco validator in it.  I have only seen them with Maka or Mars.  Depending on whether it has the MAKA harness in it with a MAKA-to-Coinco conversion harness OR a harness straight from the board to coinco will affect things a little.  if it goes straight from the board, you'll likely need to replace the entire harness with a mars from the board to the validator.  If it has a conversion harness (which you can see because the coinco harness will hook up to it somewhere) then you should only need a mars conversion harness.  The catch to the whole matter is that the National 145 was seemingly designed solely for MAKA validators (or no validators at all) and never a later style mars or coinco validator instead.  Because of that, the National 145 requires kits that include mounting hardware and even requires you to bend part of the mounting hardware on the machine to make everything fit about 75% right.  So, assuming this was already done to fit a coinco, then it might need to be modified a little more for a mars.  I'm not saying it will be difficult or complicated or not, I am saying I don't know how that will all fit after going from a coinco to a mars.

Determine if the National 145 has a conversion harness or not and order a kit for a mars validator.  You CAN convert the machine to MDB with an aftermarket board but it's not worth investing into that machine unless it's stuck in a place where replacing the whole machine is not an option.  For the cost of the upgrade, you could probably invest into a machine that was already has MDB components in it.

For the 368, determine whether it is Single price, SII, SIID, or possibly even MPC.  The type of harness you need depend on that.

Just a note, you can always call Vendors Exchange International in Cleveland.  Ask for one of their tech's and they will walk you thru it and send you the parts needed if you don't have them.

Vendors Exchange International Inc

Address: 8700 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland, OH 44129
Hours: 
Open ⋅ Closes 5:30PMone: (800) 321-2311

Archived