Soda Machine returning change not taking it

I am a newbie and this is my first soda machine I have a Dixie Norco 501e with a life display.  First off, it was jammed with change because someone  had put in a silver dollar and pennies, 4 of my columns are completely empty of soda  I  need to fill those, I noticed the tube of change is very low on nickels.   After I fixed the jam and tried it, the change I put in just comes right down the return shoot.  if anyone can assist me I would greatly appreciate it, before i have to call the repair guy that charges me a minimum of $150.

Thank you 

You still have coins stuck in the acceptor. If you pull the front gate open you will see the acceptance flaps in the lower right side of the coin path that is exposed.  You will probably see some coins caught behind one.  Don't try to pry them out. Push up the acceptor clips on the top corners of the mech and tilt the acceptor down toward you.  Unplug the acceptor from the mech and lift the acceptor off.  Now hold the clogged gate open and dump the coins out.  This is for Coinco mechs.

Make sure you have prices set for at least one selection and enough product in that selection to depress the sold out switch (at least 2 rows usually).   Check and clean the sensors in the flight deck (behind the front gate) with a slightly damp (not wet) towel.  Check for jammed gates as AZ described above.  Check that the changer has power.  Cycle the coin return lever to clear any prior credits (should not be any after a power down, but...).

Archived