AMS compressor change

lol wait for the winter to come you can use it as a space heater :P 

most compressors can be removed with 2 bolts in front, its a seaga machine, there should be a separate compartment for the compressor, you should be able to slide it out after releasing the main bolts

They are a little more difficult than the Dixie but not all that bad. Remove bottom shelf from machine, remove housing over the compressor unit. There are 2 bolts to hold compressor to the floor and about 8 screws that hold the evaporator coil to the side wall to the right. The hard pat is installing new unit and getting the refrigeration line and drain tube to route through the opening in the housing cover. 45 minutes should cover it. Good luck 

Like cvending said, it's a little more work than a dixie, but pretty straight forward.   They're just heavy, so don't hurt your back.

Make certain the drain line from the evaporator drains well into the pan near the condenser. You have to make sure that the hoses run down and are not pinched. Make certain all your sponges are in place and then get a bottle of water and pour it in the evaporator pan to see that it drains correctly without dripping inside the cabinet. After you do all that then reinstall the dog house while making sure all the lines route correctly through the openings in the back right hand side.

Have fun! 

On 6/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, AngryChris said:

An AMS is definitely 100% not a seaga.

nothing beats a golpher Seaga, but believe it or not some of them are actually good, just looked at the pics again, looks like a USI/FSI, I only say that bc I see the distinctive coin deposit and return buttons, then again I might wrong, in any case compressors are all basically the same except some of the glass dixie models, where the coils are on top and compressor is on bottom, which make it excruciatingly hard to remove

Archived