501 HVV

I’m having a problem with two DN 501e HVV machines. Display is reading sold out when it is not sold out. If I reset the machine, it works fine but a few weeks later I have the same problem. Could it be the battery on the board needs to be changed? Also, whenever I reset the machine, I have to set prices and model again. Does anyone know why this is happening. 

Sorry, I missed your last line.  The battery is the issue and what is happening is your machine loses power which causes the prices and other settings to be lost because of the bad battery.

• 1 month later...

So I changed the batteries on both machines. Yet I still get “sold out” every now and then when the machine isn’t sold out. I noticed that Pepsi puts glue on the around battery to hold it in place. Could it be that the battery is correctly in place because I did not put glue. Thanks

Did you get the polarities correct?  And yes, if you bent the prongs of the holder you might not be getting proper contact now.  If you are only getting sold outs now and not losing the pricing then the batteries are fine and you probably now have bad motor switches on any affected columns (in an E model.)  But this is sounding more and more like you have P-series machines, not E models.  If the columns are all narrow and because you have to reset the model of machine this would add up to P-series which is very problematic and I would give the machines back to Pepsi if they are leases, or junk them and do the world a favor.

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

Did you get the polarities correct?  And yes, if you bent the prongs of the holder you might not be getting proper contact now.  If you are only getting sold outs now and not losing the pricing then the batteries are fine and you probably now have bad motor switches on any affected columns (in an E model.)  But this is sounding more and more like you have P-series machines, not E models.  If the columns are all narrow and because you have to reset the model of machine this would add up to P-series which is very problematic and I would give the machines back to Pepsi if they are leases, or junk them and do the world a favor.

It’s not a P-series it’s a 501e. And it is losing the pricing so I’m assuming the battery isnt making contact. Any tips on how to hold the battery so it’s making contact in the holder?