Dixie Narco 501e - Not dispensing bottles

Looking for some guidance with a DN 501e vending machine.  It’s a refurbished machine (new to me) and I have not been able to get it to vend bottles. It keeps saying “Sold Out” when you attempt a sale. 

How can I fix this?

The sold out paddles need to be pressed to let the machine know it has product.  You need to adjust the rear spacers so there is a 1/2" gap between the paddle and the bottom of the bottle.  You'll also need enough product in it which is at least two rows per column.

Thanks AngryChris... I immediately rushed to my machine’s location and tried out your suggestion.  It definitely makes a lot of sense. I’ve adjusted the rear spacer in several different just to be on the safe side. But still says SOLD OUT when making a sale... anymore suggestions?

All columns are filled.

All money columns are filled. 

Columns 1-8 are can drinks, Column 9 is set up for 20 oz bottles.

Sold out only appears once you close the machine and attempt to make a sale.  It will vend bottles during a ‘test vend’. When the machine is closed and I select my 20 oz bottle selection (for example, to see what it cost), it displays the amount of that product.  When I insert the money and make my bottle selection, “SOLD OUT”.

Bad motor switches or a bad door switch.  The motor switches wear out from running 5 volts dc through corroding 125v switches.  A bad door switch won't reset sold out selections that have been refilled.

I'm still learning my way around the soda vending machines, is there a how to video or pictures that you can referred me to that could better help me in troubleshooting the motor switches and door switch?  I can make my way around the machine if I know what im looking for and how to tell if its bad or not.

The motor switches can't be reliably tested so just replace them. The door switch can be ohmed out but should be checked that it isn't cracked and is wired per the door wiring diagram. Or just call a vending repair tech since you obviously don't know what you're doing.

I replaced the motor switch and still saying SOLD OUT.  I’ve verified that the cam setting is correct. Are there any other suggestions that might fix this issue?   (There are no repair techs within a two hours radius and costs a fortune to have one make the trip)

The motor switch doesn't actually determine if the column is sold out but that message is the result if the motor can't complete a vend or home itself.  The motor switch arm must be in the notch of the motor cam to be home.  You may not have your column depth correct to satisfy the sold out switches/paddles.

Edited by AZVendor