Best Selling Gumball

locussst

I was looking at gumballs and have usually done the assorted gumballs 850 count at Sam's (the one's that are solid colored).

I saw that they sell the seedlings and that also looks appealing, making me wonder if they would sell better.

And I've also seen past posts on vendiscuss about Jelly Belly gumballs, but seems those are no longer being made.

What are your best selling types of gumballs (and for that matter any candies/toys) in general, out of these machines?

Overall I use the Sam's Club Dubble Bubble the most primarily because of the price point.  Bubble King by Oakleaf was not a good seller for me but many operators seem to like it. Zed gumballs from A & A sold well and stayed soft for a long time but shipping drives the price up. Some people like the Ford gumballs because they are softer and really never get hard. I have never used them but may try some soon. I have used Seedlings in the past but they didn't sell very well for me. I use Nerds gumballs, Dubble Bubble Pink "1928" gumballs to add variety as well as a wide sampling of Sam's Club's different gumball offerings.

• 2 months later...

I bought some sour gum balls. I forget what kind they are but they sour gum balls are easy to find online.

I have one location that bought about 200 gumballs in about 3-4 weeks (8 people ONLY at this location). Between filling my other locations, I am already sold out. I have sold Ford and other kinds including the kind with nerds and the sour gum out sold all of them.

I think they were cry baby sour guts. They were kind of hard though. That was the only thing that I didn't like about them but they sold really well.

• 3 weeks later...

i normally just run the standard 8 flavors of dubble bubble, but i’ve decided to add watermelon to the rotation. not sure yet, but i feel like they’ll increase sales since kids will find it cool that they look like little watermelons(and they taste really good). i’ve also added home run gumballs to a sporting goods store i have, and also to a busy pizza shop next to a baseball field that gets tons of foot traffic. another flavor i’ve been adding is hot cinnamon... seems like a good winter flavor lol. also i got a request for smoothie gumballs so i added blueberry smoothie to a few locations.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2020 at 2:29 PM, Jollyroger said:

Splat and Berry Blast sell pretty well when you get tired of the 8 flavor Double Bubble. I sold Seedlings for awhile, but the coating started coming off and they got really nasty in the machine. I also like Super Sours from Oak

well i can get the 850 boxes of originals for $21 at BJ’s, while others i have to pay a lot more for online, so because of that, i’ll never tire of the 8 flavors lol. when i try out new flavors, i just mix some in with the originals and add more display cards to the sides of the machines. berry blast is one i was thinking about trying... does it do better than originals? thanks for the heads up on seedlings, very good to know as that’s another one i was thinking about trying. blueberry smoothie is one i put in a bunch of my locations that a lot of employees love.

• 4 months later...

i finally tried berry blast today, wow, these are a game changer! softest, best tasting gumballs i‘ve ever had. wish i hadn’t waited so long to try them out. wish i could get these cheaper to put in all my machines.

Edited by jay22

17 hours ago, jay22 said:

i finally tried berry blast today, wow, these are a game changer! softest, best tasting gumballs i‘ve ever had. wish i hadn’t waited so long to try them out. wish i could get these cheaper to put in all my machines.

I don't think I have ever used those. I have a competitor that uses them frequently. Let us know how they sell for you. 

• 1 month later...

ive been surprised (pre covid) how well the watermelon gumballs have done I personally dont like them but did a test in a couple of my malls and got Apple, Grape, watermelon, and hot cinnimon

all were duds except the watermelon so kept that in the arsenal, only issue is from samsclub the shells often chip off but sams is really good about refunding or send new box at no charge.