DN 501E Cam/Rotor Issues

DenVend

I have one column that gives a VT message after one vend; then vends four bottles during the test. I've observed that the motor does not rotate enough to make the switch match the cam notch. Would that be a switch problem, or is it the whole motor?

Another column also gives an VT message but will not rotate at all. There's not a bottle jam or anything visible to restrict the rotor from turning. Again, a motor problem?

I'm not familiar with the error code VT since the display cannot produce a V at all.  Your first issue is a bad motor switch.  The second issue could be as well but until you change the switch you won't know.  Since the switches are the weakest part of the machine you should just replace them all to prevent other issues from coming up on other columns.

Sorry, not VT. It was MT or ST; whatever it is that displays when there's a possible rotor/motor position issue after you press the interface button on the control board.

Turns out the one rotor that would not turn at all was a jam after all. Bad observation on my part.

The other motor would occasionally require a motor test to reset, but always returned to normal operation. Lately though it fails repeatedly after one vend. I was thinking it was the switch, just needed to hear it from people with more experience. 

Thanks for chiming in, guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. Apparently it isn't a problem with the switch; the replacements didn't change the behavior.

It looks like the shaft is misaligned. No matter what I do it won't rotate to it's proper position. (see images) 

Is that motor problem? Or perhaps an improper cam setting?

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0898b.jpg

Your rotor is in upside down and if you changed the switch was it new?  Your rotor looks like the motor ran without stopping and timed out.  That or you didn't put a new switch on but a used one, or the rotor is bent.  Can you post a link to a video of it running?  

The switch is new. Even went so far as to switch out with other new ones I bought to make sure. Totally stumped as to what's causing it. I think I understand what you mean by the rotor being out of position, but how to I get it back into position?

It took a video of a motor test but VENDiscuss only allows 2.19MB attachements. Could I send it to you off list?

I don't know where you got the switch from but all DN switches are white for what that's worth.  The switch arm looks long enough and the switch button under it looks like it is being pressed in by the arm.  If that is all correct have you swapped a switches with a working column.  If so then it's time to het your ohm meter out and check continuity on the wires from the switch to the board.  But first check the board motor connector for any wires that have pulled loose.  Otherwise it's another bad switch, a bad wire or a bad board.