Royal 660-8 GIII problems “out of service”

Firetad4

Just bought a used royal vendor 660-8 GIII,  I seem to have a few error codes that are inconsistent. I have the refrigeration and hot code but seems to be no problem cooling.  Thought maybe this was just from it being unplugged and/or open for so long while I was working on it.  I was having trouble with it randomly powering down which I found that the fuse in the door was rattling loose because the cover on it is missing (Secured it with a couple pieces of tape)  not sure of this loose fuse is causing a random out of service read out.  Just found the fuse problem tonight left it working and running we’ll see if that changes tomorrow.  When it would power down all the prices would reset which would point towards a bad battery. I cannot find the battery on the control board. Two other error codes that I can’t seem to find anything about including it in the manual is “nOnE” and “init”. Any and all help appreciated. 

Seems like a lot of my problems may have been coming from the fuse coming loose and disconnecting power. But I still don’t see a battery on the control board.  Anybody got a picture or can direct me to the battery on the control board or where it may actually be? Also, if the machine loses power and loses the memory of the pricing, will it also lose the memory of the custom column settings?

It is possible that a dead battery could cause the loss of STS but I'm not certain of that.  You probably will find that most settings will remain.  The prices are the most volatile since they are the one item most likely to be changed by the user.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright guys,  i’ve got this machine working for the most part. But now I have tried to add in Powerade at a different price. I have it set for $2  all other selections are set for $.75.  The machine will not except more than one dollar at a time. Even though I am able to set multI prices is there a chance that the multi price function is turned off and that is what’s causing this? I just assumed if I could set different prices in the multi-price function was active.  I understand that I can go into the machine and find this out when I am with it again, but I’m just trying to get a headstart on other options if this is not the problem. Thanks in advance