Need help with Royal 660-9

Kirkl

Hello everyone, I’m refurbishing my first machine that I bought. It was standing in a garage for 8 years. It cools and everything works inside except for one thing, the red button. It’s the button on the mother board that acts as “enter” if I understood correctly. (I might be wrong) but I need to press it in order to program the prices. The button presses but does nothing, the screen doesn’t show any reaction to when I press it, so I can’t program or set the prices. Any help?

I think it’s a decent machine, the only thing is you can hack it from the outside and mess with it. Not many people know and no one is gonna do that if you place it inside a store. But  if it’s in a less safe And less monitored location I would be aware of that.

Ohh really there will be no camera in the location where I’ll be putting it.

Also any idea how old is it. 
this is the model number.

Model: RVCC660-9

Serial Number: 1458AK-02322.

just want know if it’s credit card reader compatible or it can be upgraded.

thank you 😊

Mine is 2001 and I have the same one. I think you can install the credit card but I’m not sure. I know I have an “HVC computer” input hole to which you can set up a credit card reader but I’m not sure if the mother board is compatible or not.

You can't "hack" it from the outside but if programmed to allow sales access when the door is closed then a few menu items are available.  If the door switch is wired wrong then you can access all programming from the outside.

5 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You can't "hack" it from the outside but if programmed to allow sales access when the door is closed then a few menu items are available.  If the door switch is wired wrong then you can access all programming from the outside.

How do you program to not allow reprogramming from the outside ?

28 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

I don't know why it didn't post as a link but have you heard of copy and paste?  Just copy it and paste it into your browser.

I programed all the prices, however it doesn’t accept more than 1 dollar bill at a time. Is that something wrong with the machine or is that normal?

@Kirkl Honestly, its much easier if you read the manual my friend, then ask specific, non-basic questions. What you are asking has to do with the escrow setting (whether the bill is held midway until you press a selection then it stacks or whether the machine forces you to vend by stacking the bill in the bill box as soon as inserting it). Reading the whole manual doesn't take too much time and will answer many of your questions.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, Kirkl said:

I would never pay a 1000 for it, I bought mine for 300

In excellent shape and working perfectly they are worth 800-1000+.

I almost always pay less as well but you may need to fix some stuff. It also depends on your local market. Some markets it’s worth more just cause there isn’t any equipment for sale while some are absolutely flooded with good and cheap stuff.