New to this personal use

Kempkan

Hi everyone...I'm new to this and recently acquired a vending machine for cans. I suspect it's from the 90's bit have no confirmation on that. I know I have a coin co 9300 series 24v coin mech and trying to find a bill validator. I use this for my own personal use and for my kids. No business at all but I purchased today a coin co model ba32r validator complete with box and either I'm an idiot or this thing doesn't work or missing a cable or something. I have no idea how these machines work and looking for some help. Thanks again. 

Couple things. 
Whenever you plug or unplug a coin mech or bill Val make sure the machine is unplugged. You can damage stuff otherwise.

Post a pic of the machine. We can help you with ID. If it’s still there the model and serial tag will be on the left edge of the door, midway up the machine. That would be best.

This is the picture of the validator. I hope this helps. Like I said I've never had a machine and just want it to mess around at my garage. I'm hoping someone has some knowledge to point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help. 

20210322_121236.jpg

If I am correct that machine is not MDB [check old thread I found on this forum if that's the machine you got I'll link it at the bottom] (MDB is just a way newer vending machines run off of 1 type of plug vs a the manufactures using just what ever, I think a veteran vendor can give a better answer as to what MDB is) but your machine is from a old era and the bill validator is from the new era of plugs. Think of it what I am describing here like taking a new touch screen radio/navigation from a 2020 car and trying to plug it into a car from the 1980s probably not gonna work out and that's what is happening here

Thread about your machine 

Edited by kyle0050

Looking at other tread that looks exactly like my machine. 10 can and everything. So what I gather I have to find a validator specific for my machine? Or anything that is 24v and not mdb? Thanks for the help thus far I just have no idea how this stuff works and I'm trying to learn. 

BA32R is basically a version of the BA32SA but it's logic board is mounted in the lower track assy, but those are stictly 24 VAC units.  Since your unit doesn't seem to have an MDB output ( male and female, 6 pin plugs in your pic  of the bill acceptor ), you will need a 110V "serial or pulse" DBV. 

Mars VN2511, Coinco BA30SA or some other 110VAC, pulse or serial DBV will be needed. 

Or you can just run on coins and save some time and headache :)

My coin mech says 24v only so can I run a 110vac? I'm sorry for sounding stupid I just dont understand how they work. I can wire a car all day but this is new to me. The kids like the dollar bill thing and I didn't pay for the machine because so wiring was broke on the fans so I dont mind putting a little into it. I have access to other ones if needed. Thanks again. 

There is likely a list of acceptable validators on the machine.  The pic that Kyle0050 shared shows a BA32SA which is 24v Serial/Pulse.  If yours is the same then you should be good to go with 24 V unit.  Notice the Serial harness (with yellow wires )plugged into his DBV.  Your BA32R should have the same serial plug in the bottom of the lower track.

Kyle USI.jpg

I just tried again and the only common plug is the square 9 pin male on the validator and a female 9 pin on the bottom left of the board. They match and click but I get now lights or anything at validator. Tried seeing if it would accept a dollar and nothing. Validator was a reman still in the plastic with the receipt of repairs so I dont expect the validator to be faulty. I'm going to see if my buddy has a BA32SA I guess and try that. In the coin mech it had a switch for "$ accept" and made sure that was in the on position too. This thing is driving me nuts. Any other suggestions I would appreciate it to. Thank you. 

If you aren't finding an 18 pin serial connector then your machine is "PULSE".  I'm not certain that DBV will work on that machine without the serial plug. First, find the status LED.  If you have no LED at all, there is likely an issue.  It should be on solid or flashing a trouble code.  

Assuming the DBV is working and just not configured for the USI,  your best chance would be setting your DBV to "PULSE" by turning off dip switch #3.  See pic below.  Make sure to kill power to the machine before plugging/unplugging anything.  

image.png

In this case, the only switch you will want "on" is #8.  If you were hoping to accept larger bills, you will likely need to have the DBV updated or replaced with a newer unit.  Also, make sure you have at least a couple inches of coins in each coin tube to remove any "exact change only" issues.