Vendo 407 I bought for $20, worth it?

Page R

I wanted something for my 3 boys to do, the oldest is 9. Not sure if we should try get it going or start with something else. It seems to be in pretty good shape with what I've seen so far. I'm clueless on these things but as of now it won't accept any coins or bills.

Would it though? The compressors are that much larger than standard fridge comlressors and theyre not opened as often.

@Page R if you have time to clean it up and get it working well and to service it then look for a location and place it would be my advice. 

• Thanks 1

I suspect you really have a stacker machine since you have a logic board.  It's probably a 5.0 or 5.1 board which is a good one.  407 would be accurate.  If you really have a serpentine rack then you are screwed. 

I forgot about that model.  You should immediately junk it.  There are no parts for it and the vend mechanisms break easily due to spilled syrup gumming them up and / or the motors strip out.  Here is the parts manual for it: https://515f3e44-bcef-4b52-99d8-6b4bd7c3b77d.filesusr.com/ugd/e49953_297d214ff0af464a94039cf44131381d.pdf

I used to have the motor assemblies for them but I sold my parts warehouse.  If you need a motor assembly for it I can tell you who to contact to see if he kept any of them (he doesn't like to keep parts for old, old machines).  By the way, your machine is just in a V407 cabinet which is what "Basic Unit" means.  The model is a V384. 

I have two similar models that I was essentially given for free just to take over the service.  They work, but I'm replacing them anyway because they are just SO obsolete.  Cans only, 6 selections (vendo 360?), not CC capable, doesn't seem to seal well.  To top it all off, the doors say polyvend.  It's worth more in scrap than $20 lol.  Mine is single price.

You can get your money back.  Just put it at a tire shop or something with 5-10 blue collar workers and don't overstock it until you know what sells.  It's a good way to get your feet wet, just not something I want in my target accounts.