New to vending, Bought my first machine

Isaac F

Hello all,

My name is Isaac F. As the title says, I'm completely new to vending machines and purchased my first unit today. A Dixie Narco Dr Pepper, DN150-5 sn:1822061. I do not know a lot about the machine. Previous owner said the machine tripped a breaker and would only hum. I picked it up for under $100. Brought it home today and within 30 minutes I found the fan shroud had collapsed onto the fan blade and was keeping it from turning, I'm assuming this caused it to overheat and trip the breaker. After making the needed repairs, I plugged it in and everything works as it should. I did find a few minor and one major issue.

-The out of order does not work on a few slots (machine takes money no vend) 

-The door seal needs replaced

-Machine is not cooling. No frost anywhere and nothing around the condenser is getting cold. 

I tried blowing out the cooling fins with my compressor and blew out a ton of dust/debri. I really can't seem to find much info or help about this particular machine. My plan is to restore the machine for family use. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Isaac

20210906_141356.jpg

If the condenser fan was stuck, it's possible that the compressor pump failed before you got it.  If the pump was functional and system charged, the condensing unit, (pump and coil) should get pretty warm and the evaporator coil should begin to cool.  With no fans pulling air across the evap coil, it should freeze up within a couple of minutes.   If the pump isn't engaging or the freon level is low, you won't be able to feel any change in temp on either coil.

I wouldn't worry much about the door seal before getting the refer system worked out.  You will likely need the help of a licensed, refrigeration tech for this repair.

Good luck with that dinosaur. There will be no parts to speak of for it. The smallest DN machines built since the 70s are DN 180s.  This is NOT a machine to put on location anywhere so when you say it's your first and you plan on being in the vending business it is your first wasted money.

10 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Good luck with that dinosaur. There will be no parts to speak of for it. The smallest DN machines built since the 70s are DN 180s.  This is NOT a machine to put on location anywhere so when you say it's your first and you plan on being in the vending business it is your first wasted money.

No, he said it’s for home use.

• Thanks 1