Vendo 576 frosting evaporator

AngryChris

I replaced the previous refrigeration system for doing the same thing about a month ago.

Evaporator frosts over.  My part time repair guy so far said hose and drain have problems and drain pan is cracked.  There has been a lot of moisture on the top part of the door seal, but he says he can't slip paper through when he closes the door so thinks seal is good.  Other than the evap fan, I don't know what else it could be but I still think it's a for seal issue primarily.  Maybe the drain isn't helping either

Either the door seal has gaps ( put some grease on the door seal and close the door like normal - reopen the door and make sure the grease transferred completely to the cab. If there are gaps, they should be visible)

If not the door seal, you could have air ingress ( make sure the putty sealing the gap where the refrigeration lines run from top to bottom cabinet is there and filling the entire gap.  Make sure the drain hose has a bend or some form of a P-Trap or hot air will travel up it to the evap )  V21 condensate pans have a "moat" built up around the socket that the drain tube attached to creating a barrier to keep hot air in the condenser area.

Evap fan (not running or running slowly)

Possible low freon -  

Thanks.  We're going to replace some parts.  I never paid too much attention to the delivery door but didn't find much condensation.

3 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Either the door seal has gaps ( put some grease on the door seal and close the door like normal - reopen the door and make sure the grease transferred completely to the cab. If there are gaps, they should be visible)

If not the door seal, you could have air ingress ( make sure the putty sealing the gap where the refrigeration lines run from top to bottom cabinet is there and filling the entire gap.  Make sure the drain hose has a bend or some form of a P-Trap or hot air will travel up it to the evap )  V21 condensate pans have a "moat" built up around the socket that the drain tube attached to creating a barrier to keep hot air in the condenser area.

Evap fan (not running or running slowly)

Possible low freon -  

I'll check fan.  I'm convinced it's either just an air leak or a combination of an air leak and slow fan.