Installing credit card readers on Crane/GPL/National snack machines

rjh914

Good afternoon.  I run the Nayax credit card readers that use the separate AMIT, like the one in the 1st picture.  I've always just mounted the reader on the door on the door when installing on Wittern and other machines where the bill validator and coin mech are on the door. 

I just scored a large new account.  I've got 2 Crane/National/GPL machines in stock that I'd like to use and install readers on, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about this as the electronics are not on the door and I'd like to avoid moving a wire every time I fill the machine.  Any recommendations?

The 2nd pic shows the type of machine I am referring to. 

Thanks!

SAM_7501.JPG

SAM_7498.JPG

Great teeny tiny pictures.  The GPL has a pull out panel that the electrics are behind.  Just get an extension cable to go from the front panel to the logic board allowing for the panel to be completely extended.  Probably a 4-5 foot cable from your card supplier.  Then you can use adhesive wire tie bases stuck to the top of the panel and loosely wire tie the cable to those.

Edited by AZVendor

We insert our readers through to port that is just above the keypad. From the factory there is a piece of plexiglass with the Crane/National logo on it that can come out. Just be careful removing the logo plexiglass. I would tape the selection buttons to the bezel so they don't fall out. REmove the upper 4 screws and spacers to the front bezel so you can slightly pull the bezel away from the door. You just need to move it enough to slide out the plexiglass.Then attach the reader to the mounting plate that comes with the reader and insert. Replace the screws and caps to the trim bezel and you are good to go. Less than a 15 min. install.

14 minutes ago, cvending said:

We insert our readers through to port that is just above the keypad. From the factory there is a piece of plexiglass with the Crane/National logo on it that can come out. Just be careful removing the logo plexiglass. I would tape the selection buttons to the bezel so they don't fall out. REmove the upper 4 screws and spacers to the front bezel so you can slightly pull the bezel away from the door. You just need to move it enough to slide out the plexiglass.Then attach the reader to the mounting plate that comes with the reader and insert. Replace the screws and caps to the trim bezel and you are good to go. Less than a 15 min. install.

It would also be an excellent time to refresh the machine. New select buttons, keypad overlay, display lens, can really freshen up a machine if the old ones are dingy. Costs like 20-30 bucks.

• Thanks 1