New to Vending - Wittern CB500 - Double Drop , not Sensor?

Deekwinters

1 minute ago, JustMack said:

I was able to find two harness but not sure which is the one i need.

424606 - cabinet harness 

4214275 - door harness 

30EC2DAB-B7E8-4AA5-9A7C-2F884C6F600E.thumb.jpeg.71483f026321eb24dd30c4f11dc1536a.jpeg

not the best picture.  It’s the last page of the service manual.  The schematics. 

Ps, peel back the split loom tubing that flexes between the door and cabinet. I’ve fixed plenty of wires there due to repeated flexing from door opening and closing. If there’s a bad wire, chances it’s there.

Edited by tblake05
  • Like 1

My expereience with these machines is limited, but I sort of remember  there being a flap at the bottom of each column on the left hand side. Over time theyget sticky from leakers in machine. Clean them good with some hot water.  They should move freely on their own. I think that was how I addressed my issues and I recall that correcting it.  Good luck

• Like 1

It was double vending cans. Wittern pointed me in this direction. If you ever had any cans punctured, the sraying of soda could have gotten on these flaps and make them stick to the side wall rather that stay out to block additional cans.

Yes cvending is correct there are the anti tip fingers which if bent or stuck will cause double vending with the symptom being that both cans will fall at the same time. I can't believe vendnet didn't mention this first. They even have a bulletin on it.   Of course they let me go almost 4 years ago so maybe they aren't on the machines anymore. Sorry I could not attach the pdf so I cut the instructions out of it.

antitip.JPG

• Like 1

@venddoctor the selection that is having issues is the one that the anti tip fingers is working freely and flat to the side of the machine.  The one that wasn’t flat had intermittent double drops and was damaging the cans.  I flattened it against wall and that seemed to resolve the issue for that selection. But my # 15 cradle keeps rotating too much on the 1st vend.  Vendnet is saying to replace the cabinet harness as it might have been nicked or a short that is causing the over rotation.  If I move the motor and/or cradle to the front selection (#15) it works perfectly.  So there is a possibility that electrical inconsistency might be involved in the situation. 

@JustMackOne other thing - I can't buy into Vendnets assessment that it is a wiring issue and believe you would just be wasting money. The reason I don't believe it, is that both cans are dropping at the same time and then the motor stops. What that means to me is that something is holding the first can up and not letting it drop. If it is a drop sensor issue it will dispense 1 can then a second or two later it will drop the other can. 

It could be the anti tip finger or even the side panels may be bent a little. You could try changing it to single depth to see if the motor works correctly if it does than you can be pretty sure it's not a wiring issue.

Another thing to try would be to make a test vend and then knock on the delivery chute before anything drops to see if the motor stops correctly.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by venddoctor

22 hours ago, venddoctor said:

Yes cvending is correct there are the anti tip fingers which if bent or stuck will cause double vending with the symptom being that both cans will fall at the same time. I can't believe vendnet didn't mention this first. They even have a bulletin on it.   Of course they let me go almost 4 years ago so maybe they aren't on the machines anymore. Sorry I could not attach the pdf so I cut the instructions out of it.

antitip.JPG

Fairly positive that my 3 cb500’s none of them have these fingers. Though I didn’t really look too close for them either so I could be mistaken.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have continuity between the motor harness at the control board and connector at the motor? Check it on both (or all 3) wires for each of the motors that are acting up as per the schematic.

Did you replace the cabinet or door harness? And did that include the portion that flexes between the cab and door when door is opened?

Did vendnet still supply this part? Surprised if so.

I would have to say that I do have continuity but I can always triple check. 

the cabinet harness is what I got from vendnet. They did have available.  

I didn’t dive too deep into the portion that flexes when the door opened.  That will be my next area of diagnosis.

I actually thought the harness I was waiting for ran from the motor (cabinet) to the board but when I received it I realized it was a short cable. I almost thought they sent the wrong one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 6:33 AM, JustMack said:

I would have to say that I do have continuity but I can always triple check. 

the cabinet harness is what I got from vendnet. They did have available.  

I didn’t dive too deep into the portion that flexes when the door opened.  That will be my next area of diagnosis.

I actually thought the harness I was waiting for ran from the motor (cabinet) to the board but when I received it I realized it was a short cable. I almost thought they sent the wrong one. 

just wondering if you resolved the problem and what the solution was...?

@tblake05 I still don’t have one neither does vendnet/Wittern.  I am still in conversation with tech support. The engineering group is getting involved.  I switched that column to a bottle for the time being.  I could try a motor harness which is the part connect to the board but know one has a definite cause of issue. 

On 9/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, JustMack said:

@tblake05 I still don’t have one neither does vendnet/Wittern.  I am still in conversation with tech support. The engineering group is getting involved.  I switched that column to a bottle for the time being.  I could try a motor harness which is the part connect to the board but know one has a definite cause of issue. 

I think I have a similar problem...

Stopped on a location tonight that I have a wittern 2 wide snack with slave soda (cb300) using the GVC1 board.  My green board isn't credit capable so I went to swap to a blue board.  Here's the order of my issue.

programmed averything good.

test vend all motors and everything works but one can selection.

it drops a single can, then says make another selection and credit remains.  Same selection will work 1 more time drop a can and same thing credit remains.  Next try it reports sold out.

All other selections work.  I tried adjusting more sensitivity on the drop sensor and does the same.  I adjusted the chute and it does the same.

Green board back in for now and it works 100%.  Odd problem.  Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I'm going to mess with it on and off until I figure it out and I'll let you know.

On 9/8/2022 at 11:33 AM, JustMack said:

I think I solved my problem. Only time will tell, but before I get into what fixed it, refresh my memory, do you have 2-wire or 3-wire motors?