Dixie narco 501e false sold out one collumn

JGEASTERN

I recently bought this 9 column (1 wide) 501e machine. Column 9 shows sold out message when selected. It works in MT 9 diagnostics. In s- w test it shows sold out 9 and 10 even though its a 9 column machine. Tried known good s o switch, column is full paddle is not activating switch. checked connector on door and at board. Do I need a board reset? bad membrane? thanks for any help.

Unplug and clean the large connector at the bottom of the door where the cabinet harness meets the door harness. Use a commercial contact cleaner spray or denatured alcohol. DO NOT use a WD-40 type cleaner as it does not completely evaporate.  Do the same to the sold out connection to the control board. 

Then come back here and tell us how it went. 😎

501's had a selection switch test. If you have a bad membrane, it should show up on that test.   Press a button and it should display that selection # to confirm.  Stuck switches should give a SS# error.

Almost sounds like a bottler board on a trade machine (or vice versa).  Default StoS programming leaves the board looking for a column that doesn't exist.  What firmware is listed on the EPROM and does that match what's on the board cover?  Is this a bottler branded machine?

La Canteen was on the mark. I checked continuity of s o switch wires to board. I had no continuity on one of the column 9 wires. On door connector there was no corrosion no pushed out pins no broken wires but no continuity through the connector. I added a shunt wire around the connector and problem solved.. Thanks to all who responded.