Crane National 158 Delivery port

Snickers

I got a call to take over an account that Canteen services yesterday. They are running what I assumed to be just a standard 158 but it had the most unique delivery port I have ever seen. Instead of a flap it was a pull down where it “rolled” the product out. Pretty cool but probably pretty rare. Anyone ever seen one like this? I am considering calling them and asking if they want to sell the asset rather than remove it. Not sure about that bin tho . 

1 hour ago, Snickers said:

I got a call to take over an account that Canteen services yesterday. They are running what I assumed to be just a standard 158 but it had the most unique delivery port I have ever seen. Instead of a flap it was a pull down where it “rolled” the product out. Pretty cool but probably pretty rare. Anyone ever seen one like this? I am considering calling them and asking if they want to sell the asset rather than remove it. Not sure about that bin tho . 

Yeah they aren't that common.  I think the idea was to create an antitheft delivery but product wouldn't get stuck?  Either way, I have one two machines like it.  I have heard that they are fine until they aren't, then you will not want it.  I don't know if you can just put a standard bin on it.

• Like 1

It’s been on there this long and still works perfect so I would be willing to roll with it. No pun intended. 
Has anyone tried buying an older asset from Canteen in a situation like this? It may be out of the question. 

Just now, allen watson said:

Canteen sold me their equipment on a location that they called me to take over. It was upstairs without an elevator. I’m sure that’s what motivated them. 

Been there done that. Never again. 

That delivery bin is amazing in the fact that it still works all these years later.  They were a very poor design that generally failed after just a few years.  You can't get any parts for it now and it takes an entire assembly to upgrade the machine.  Hard Pass on it.

• Like 1