Dixie Narco need help troubleshooting

ShurShot

I have a Dixie Narco single price vending machine that will reject all coins. Also the bill validator will accept 1 dollar on start up and then will not accept anymore until the machine is unplugged and plugged back in. The bill validator red light will turn off after the bill is inserted. The machine is able to vend a selection after this. I replaced the coin mech thinking that it could have been bad but the issue is still happening with the new one. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The coin mech rejecting all coins usually means there's a problem with the sensors or board.  It sounds like your mech is set for $1.00 or less, so your validator gets disabled once you insert a bill (because the credit meets or exceeds the price).  That is normal operation because the relay is now open awaiting your purchase.  The other possibility with your mech is that it isn't tuned for whatever currency you're using.  It has to be working to some degree or the bill acceptor wouldn't work at all.

Do you know if a bad relay could result in the coin mech rejecting coins? I have the coin mech set to 1 dollar and ive filled the coin tubes. Both coin mechs that ive tried have had the same outcome. They are both the coinco 9370-s.

1 hour ago, ShurShot said:

Do you know if a bad relay could result in the coin mech rejecting coins? I have the coin mech set to 1 dollar and ive filled the coin tubes. Both coin mechs that ive tried have had the same outcome. They are both the coinco 9370-s.

The relay either works or it doesn't.  If it's bad, you wouldn't be able to make a purchase with the mech OR the validator.  Since your validator works, your relay must be working.

It's possible you got a bad replacement mech but there's no way to tell without putting that mech on a known good machine OR putting a known good mech in your machine.  Unless something is obstructing the coin mech, it sounds like you still have a bad mech. 

Do all columns vend fine?

18 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

The relay either works or it doesn't.  If it's bad, you wouldn't be able to make a purchase with the mech OR the validator.  Since your validator works, your relay must be working.

It's possible you got a bad replacement mech but there's no way to tell without putting that mech on a known good machine OR putting a known good mech in your machine.  Unless something is obstructing the coin mech, it sounds like you still have a bad mech. 

Do all columns vend fine?

The validator only works for one vend after plugging the machine in. After that it will not accept anymore bills, until I unplug it and plug it back in. Then it will do the same thing again. Ill try testing all of the columns in the morning. This is my first vending machine, so im trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks for the help.

It sounds like you aren't cancelling the credit.  But if you can't make another purchase but can insert coins and then make a purchase you have a bill acceptor issue.  It sounds like a bad Coinco bill acceptor or a bad harness between it and the coin mech.

7 hours ago, AZVendor said:

It sounds like you aren't cancelling the credit.  But if you can't make another purchase but can insert coins and then make a purchase you have a bill acceptor issue.  It sounds like a bad Coinco bill acceptor or a bad harness between it and the coin mech.

Ya, it wont let me make another purchase and the coin mech never takes any change. It will just reject it.

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

I got the harness off. Ill put a new one on and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

One last question AZ. If the coin mech red light is on. Do you still think it could be the harness from the coin mech to bill validator?

I think you have a motor switch problem. Each motor needs the long arm of it's cluster switch on the high side of the motor cam and the short switch arm must be in the notch of the cam.  Every motor must look like that or the machine won't accept money.

22 hours ago, AZVendor said:

I think you have a motor switch problem. Each motor needs the long arm of it's cluster switch on the high side of the motor cam and the short switch arm must be in the notch of the cam.  Every motor must look like that or the machine won't accept money.

I opend it up today and all of the arms are in the right position and they all vend when I press the switches.