Venmo V-max wont shut off

Hi folks. New to the forum. I have experience in residential appliance repair and own a laundromat so have some technical ability. I just got a Venmo V540 Vmax for $50. The evaporator was totally iced over when I got it, like 4" thick.  Anyway I melted the ice off and plugged it back in and did some testing. I have the temperature set to hhhh, and I read the thermistor at 25F with the onboard diagnostic, but the compressor was still running. It appears to run non stop no mater where I set the control.  My guess is that the compressor relay is stuck closed on the board but I haven't torn into it that far yet. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms. or if I could be led in the next direction to diagnose. I'll have more questions later if I get it working. I want to vend Red Bull, and am wondering how you guys move these 700 lb behemoths! TIA!

IMG_2832.jpg

Well, that serves me right for posting before going and diagnosing it. A jumper wire will make the compressor run all the time :)I hooked the relay back up and it fired up after a minute or two delay. Maybe this will help someone else so I posted what I found

IMG_2863.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to vending.  To start, the manufacturer of this machine is Vendo not "Venmo" :) 

With regards to the compressor running non-stop, there is a relay in the power distribution box that provides power to the condensing unit when the board calls for cooling.  Since the board is displaying 25 F, either the relay has welded itself closed OR the board's output to engage the relay's coil is shorted. 

You can call a moving company near you for help or start looking into heavy duty dolly's and a liftgate for your truck. 

Thanks for the reply. That's a embarrassing way to enter the forum. I'll try and edit the thread title :)The jumper looked remarkably factory crimped.  Very odd. I have a harbor freight steel refrigerator dolly with a strap and stair runners and three vehicles with liftgates. However. I've almost never moved something this heavy before. I think it's 650 lbs. I have a refrigerator dolly but I can't even tip this thing back to roll it, even with a helper pushing on the top from the opposite side.  Does anyone lay them down and roll them on piano dollys?

You can use piano dollys to move them upright.

Second best choice is a pallet jack. Bring 2 4x4s cut to 32 or 36 inch, tilt the machine enough to slide a 4x4 under, repeat on other side. Slide pallet jack under.

(Of course, the preferred option is a Dutro dolly as those a specifically made for vending but those are expensive new and rare used)

To even get a piano dolly under is requires it to be tipped over quite a ways.  You need a Dutro like orsd said which has swing out wheels that give you leverage to pull it over and then allows the machine to rest at a 45 deg angle.