Royal 650 Cooling Temp

Hey Guys,

I have a royal 650 where the Cooling Temp is too low and it is actually freezing the condensation......on the Dixie Narcos there's a temp control right at the bottom front of the cooling compartment but I can't find anything like that on this Royal 650....is there a place I can adjust the temp or how do these work? Is there a problem somewhere with the cooling system? 

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, EZVending25 said:

Hey Guys,

I have a royal 650 where the Cooling Temp is too low and it is actually freezing the condensation......on the Dixie Narcos there's a temp control right at the bottom front of the cooling compartment but I can't find anything like that on this Royal 650....is there a place I can adjust the temp or how do these work? Is there a problem somewhere with the cooling system? 

Thanks! 

I should clarify that this is a Royal 650 live display if that makes a difference. Thanks

The compressor should should shut off when the main door is opened. If not, you relay is bad. Temperature adjustments are made in the board programming under 'refrig' menu

• Like 1

If the refrigeration relay doesn't turn the compressor off when the door is opened then you could have a stuck/bad door switch if the machine also doesn't go into the service mode.  If the door switch is fine and the relay is stuck then you can move the compressor wires to the other unused terminals on the relay.  The relays have two operational sides in them.  When one goes bad the other is usually good.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. So I believe both my door switch and relay are fine as the compressor does shut off when I open the door and starts again when I close the door.... It also goes into service mode..However I don't think it would hurt to move the compressor wires just to make sure I'm fine in that. It seems like the temp is simply set too low..... I'm exposing my lack of knowledge here, but does it take a special tool or computer or something to get into the board programming? I can get into the menu options where I can set prices etc but I can't find the 'refrig' option in that menu list.....

So I checked out the machine again after reading this manual and the temp was set at 36 which should be fine. I did up it to 38. However I turned on the cabinet display to read on the LED and it keeps on saying 64-66 degrees when it's definitely not that warm in there. Is there anything else that could be wrong besides a bad temperature sensor? It seems like the sensor seemingly isn't reading correctly and therefore isn't telling the control board to tell the cooling system to shut off when it should.....(therefore the freezing of the condensation as it's too cold) is there anything else that could be interfering with the temp reading? I did manually hold in the door switch and let go and that signaled the condenser to start and stop so I know the problem isn't there.... Am I risking ruining something if the machine stays plugged in overnight? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

Assuming your correct about the current temp being incorrect, It does sound as if the temp sensor is giving a false reading.  That can be a faulty sensor, the way it's mounted or the board is reading it incorrectly.   I would make sure it's mounted correctly per the manual.   If it never reads that the unit is down to temp, it will not disengage the compressor and frozen product will occur.  That's a mess you'd rather not clean up so it's best that you don't leave the machine running unattended until you can repair the cooling system.

Check the entire length of the temp sensor harness for any cuts or damage to the insulation. That can cause it to fail. That or it's just a goner. Assuming of course, that it's properly plugged into the logic board.

Thanks guys for the feedback. The only thing that keeps me from being 100% sure that the sensor is bad, is that I had originally plugged in the machine last night (not realizing there was a problem) and when I checked it this morning, over 10 hours later, the condensation had frozen but none of the drinks had...... It was plugged in the whole day today and none of the drinks appear even slushy, which is what confuses me.... It seems that it's cutting out at some point but I don't know what would be making it do that if the sensor is bad....

I did inspect the full length of the cable and it seems fine as well as seems to be plugged in correctly to the logic board. However I didn't check to see if it was mounted properly although the cable does seem to go to the general area where it's supposed to be mounted.

A temperature sensor is only $75 so I think I'm going to give that a try to see if it fixes it. A logic board would be a bit more pricey.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...