Cb700 3151 bulbs

Was notified my bulbs burnt out. Can anyone tell me, are these the standard 2 prong ended bulbs or are they the single large prong at each end?

also where might I find the ballast in this machine?

looking to upgrade to led.

Thanks!!

step one

open door

step two 

know your machine

step three

if you don't know your machine call me (9one773one389one), ill charge you for telling you about your machine :P

step four

know your machine!

step 5

did i mention the "know your machine" part?

cb700 is a very nice machine, high capacity, easy loading, easy to maintain, i have many cb300/500/700 units.

the bulb is behind a cove on the inside of the door, there are 3 screws holding it, "i think" its like a 4' bulb, and most likely a 2 prong bulb, follow the wires and you'll find the ballast, remove ballast and attach new LED lights, enjoy

Thanks for the help, not telling me anything I didn't already know.

Sometimes it's tough to just follow the wires.  Could end up dismantling the complete machine.

If you have cb700's then where are your ballasts?  Just a simple question.  If you can't answer, then you don't know your machines.

I have 4 cb500's and only 1 cb700.  All 4 of my cb500's are all converted.  The cb700 is the last one to be converted.

Edited by tblake05

NYCandyman to the non-rescue again!  The CB700 uses standard F40/T12 bulbs from Home Depot.  The hard part is removing the steel panel that covers the bulbs.  It's unwieldly and has sharp edges.  There are two screws to remove and when the last one comes out you get the full weight of the panel, so be careful.  There are no starters for the bulbs so just replace the bulbs and you should be good.  The ballast is behind the panel as well.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

NYCandyman to the non-rescue again!  The CB700 uses standard F40/T12 bulbs from Home Depot.  The hard part is removing the steel panel that covers the bulbs.  It's unwieldly and has sharp edges.  There are two screws to remove and when the last one comes out you get the full weight of the panel, so be careful.  There are no starters for the bulbs so just replace the bulbs and you should be good.  

Doing direct wire AZ, will the ballast be visible once the covers off the bulbs?  Need to bypass it.  Schematic shows I just connect both yellow to white, and both blue and both red to black.

Thanks!

You can leave the panel off if you want and the ballast will only be visible to you when you open the door, but you might also be blinded by the LEDs so you might want to keep the panel on.  Since the panel is only held on with a couple of screws I don't see how it can be structural to the door but I always put the panels back on.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You can leave the panel off if you want and the ballast will only be visible to you when you open the door, but you might also be blinded by the LEDs so you might want to keep the panel on.  Since the panel is only held on with a couple of screws I don't see how it can be structural to the door but I always put the panels back on.

I haven't converted any soda machines yet.  Do Dixies or royals have ballasts?  

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Of course they all do.  Every florescent bulb requires a ballast.

My mistake.  I meant to ask if they have starters.  I'm assuming they do not.  I have never seen one on a soda machine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 12:22 AM, AngryChris said:

My mistake.  I meant to ask if they have starters.  I'm assuming they do not.  I have never seen one on a soda machine.

I have a Dixie Narco 368/216-7, which does have starters, which I am assuming I can remove when I convert to LED, but I'm having a fun time finding ones that attach to the metal piece.

You won't and you must have a very old door with solid metal at the bottom and only 24" or 30" bulbs in the door.  LEDs are not specifically made for that size and you'll have to probably use rolled LEDs tied into the door power.

Follow up to everyone, LED's are in and like AZ said are standard two prongs at each end.  Ballast is behind the large tin sheet.  To bypass Ballast for direct wiring was both yellows go to white, and both reds and both blues go to black. (at least on my machine)