Need vending service person

Bruce Z

Does anyone know of a vending service person in the Knoxville, TN area? Several of the smaller operators need someone to run calls from time to time. There is one person in the area, but he rarely answers his phone.

1 hour ago, Bruce Z said:

I've actually considered that, but I'm reluctant to involve companies that are my competition. I wouldn't mind one of their employees picking up a little side work. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Just my 2 cents....If you're a vendor, I'm not certain how an Equipment Supplier would be your competition.  Equipment suppliers are interested in your locations, just selling and supporting equipment in their market.

Find a company that sales vending equipment and ask if they know someone, not an operator.  Whoever moves equipment ask if they know someone.  If your at a store and you see an employee from the bottlers stocking the shelves ask if they know a co worker who would help on the side.  Just a quick question thinking outside the box.  

Doing a quick search on vendo’s website their distributor in Tennessee is The Vending Center inc. 

Edited by Gizmo Vending

21 minutes ago, tblake05 said:

You can say that again!

I remember when Fridays were something to look forward to.  Now days,  Friday is generally a bit of an beatdown.  I'd like to change the slogan to "Hurry the hell up Saturday!!"

• Haha 1

OK. My misunderstanding. I was'nt referring to equipment distributors. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any vending equipment sales companies locally in Knoxville, but I'll check. Getting in touch with Coke or Pepsi delivery people is a good idea, but I do know that these companies have a very strict policy on personel servicing non Coke/Pepsi equipment. I'll keep checking. Thanks everyone.

OK. My misunderstanding. I was'nt referring to equipment distributors. To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any vending equipment sales companies locally in Knoxville, but I'll check. Getting in touch with Coke or Pepsi delivery people is a good idea, but I do know that these companies have a very strict policy on personel servicing non Coke/Pepsi equipment. I'll keep checking. Thanks everyone.

Followup:

I've done the "vending repair person" and variations many times. Several of the results are actually the same person who doesn't answer his phone. All of the others are solicitations from other vending companies ie: 5 Star, Roddy etc. If there is someone I missed let me know. I've used different search engines and go through dozens of pages.

Then you need to become friendly with your competitors and find out who they use.  This is how most vendors find service people anyway - word of mouth.  Even here back in the 90s and 2000s with several distributors and other vending repair sources newbies never knew who to call.

19 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

I remember when Fridays were something to look forward to.  Now days,  Friday is generally a bit of an beatdown.  I'd like to change the slogan to "Hurry the hell up Saturday!!"

In all honesty, when you own your own business... any business, not just vending. You work plenty of weekends.

29 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

That's why I'm glad I don't own my own business any longer.  I get nights and weekends off and my phone isn't constantly ringing.

Yep. Never ending. I just have to keep reminding myself that some day it’ll pay off working so much.