Quarter tubes on two machines @ same location suddenly empty....math is hard...

I am not sure if someone has hacked a couple machines and figured out how to empty the coin mechs without opening it up or if my math is wonky....

Got a couple of DN5591's in an apartment complex - had the location bout 5 yrs, pretty much using it as storage for these two machines, gross is around $250/month combined nothing to write home about.

Service cycle is 3 weeks - that's as long as am willing to leave machines unattended. 

Latest service found both coin mechs empty of quarters - one of the was empty of dimes as well.  Didn't think much of it, filled the mechs, stocked the machines and went about my business - figured there would be a LOT of $5's pulled from the bill boxes but that was not the case.....1 $5 bill was it....not enough cash to explain the coin tubes being empty so can't figure out wtf....unless there is someway you can jackpot the machines by hacking the keypad?

Don't want any details on how to on an open forum - just want to know if this has happened to anyone else?

Just now, tblake05 said:

No.

What kind of locks do you have on the machines, and how was the restock product compared to cash taken out?

Happen to have card readers for online metrics?

Yeah, so this is an apartment complex - few years back had someone picking the locks and skimming cash for a couple months before we caught on.  Since that happened, both machines have abloy locks in the T-handles + we put on modified hasps and puck locks also with this abloy guts...pretty sure no one is opening the machines.  The restock was close, but so weird the mechs were BOTH empty of quarters - they seem to be operating correctly, bought a half dozen items from both machines both with change and with $5's to verify correct accept/dispense - no issues.

No card readers on these two - not enough volume to justify for us.

Someone could be putting cash in and getting quarters out especially if there if a laundry close by. Without card readers you should watch the sales from these machines by getting the sales info from the board.  Exchanging dollars for quarters will not show any type of sales but if you have 80.00 more than what your sales show than that is what is happening. 

+1 on using your machines as bill changers.  The quarters will pay out first, then the dimes and then the nickles.  Putting the machine on force vend will stop that but possible anger people into beating on your machines.  An apartment complex is the last place I would put a Bevmax, let alone two of them.  Put stackers in if you really want to have machines there.

+2 on being used as a change maker, but also you did not mention your pricing -  are most products even dollar amounts, or are you just getting a lot of extra dollars instead of people using odd quarters?  Remember this is summertime and the kids are around and hopefully buying a lot more....

Plus, if you do decide to set force vend, I would place a prominent sign "change given only with purchase" or some such, to maybe cut down on anger management problems... or maybe just place the sign without making programming changes and see what happens

14 hours ago, AZVendor said:

+1 on using your machines as bill changers.  The quarters will pay out first, then the dimes and then the nickles.  Putting the machine on force vend will stop that but possible anger people into beating on your machines.  An apartment complex is the last place I would put a Bevmax, let alone two of them.  Put stackers in if you really want to have machines there.

We don't generally accept apartments as accounts - this one was part of a larger buy out a number of years ago.  Had plans for the machines but COVID put the brakes on that so they have been sitting there for quite a while - could yard em out and put in the shop but then they don't earn anything - we have a big account supposedly coming on line in the Fall - probably put them in their and just drop the account, don't have a lot of stackers & the ones we do are seeing heavy use elsewhere.

19 hours ago, Gizmo Vending said:

Someone could be putting cash in and getting quarters out especially if there if a laundry close by. Without card readers you should watch the sales from these machines by getting the sales info from the board.  Exchanging dollars for quarters will not show any type of sales but if you have 80.00 more than what your sales show than that is what is happening. 

Yep - I think that is what is going on but it's weird that it happened all of the sudden seeing as those machines have been there a while - there was a recent change in management maybe they made changes to the laundry set up....