Dixie Narco DNCB 276/CC vending multiple cans intermittently

rjh914

Good morning:

I've got a Dixie Narco 276 DCNB/CC that will intermittently vend multiple (up to 8 so far) cans with a single purchase.  I have not been able to replicate the problem.  My first through was to calibrate the drop sensor, but I found it had been removed.  

Where do I start on this?  Would a new drop sensor fix the problem? 

Thank you,

Hill Vending 

First, I do not believe there is a vend sensor on a 276 machine. As for the multiple vends I would think you havr a defective vend motor switch or the motor brake is gummed up and not stopping when it should.  Clean the brake good and replace the motor switch.

• Like 1

There were no drop sensors on the 276 as far as I know.  I don't think Dixie Narco put drop sensors on any machines prior to the P series and bevmax.

As for dropping multiple cans, you need to determine if there's a pattern or not.  For the wide column, assuming it's setup for 2-deep cans, you should get 4 cans for ever 4 vends.  If you usually get 4 but only occasionally get multiple (say once every 20 vends), then there's a mechanical issue.  If there's a pattern such as 1, 1, 2, 0, (4 cans in 4 vends), then that's most likely a setup issue.

For the occasional multivends, there are some possibilities but it depends on if you've seen it or not.  The biggest culprit I can think of is a coasting motor which is what cvending mentioned.  His advice should be the fix 95% of the time.