American Changer Change Machine

tblake05

Can anyone tell me what model this it?  And how much you would spend on one in as-is condition, untested.  I see lots of "close" machines on their website, but nothing identical.  If it takes 20's, it must be relatively modern and dare I say MDB?

retrievePhoto.html?id=c55-a9916526-l4358

It's an old version of the AC1001 and I don't think it will be MDB but would be directly connected to the acceptor.  It looks real bad and is that how badly you need one?  The bill acceptor will need to be rebuilt I'm sure.  Bill changers aren't that popular now but there aren't too many nice ones available either.  You might try Vendors Exchange or D&S Vending and see if they have any that are refurbished.

• Like 1

Thanks AZ!

pipe dream of mine is to open a small coin op arcade. I have 4 games I rebuilt myself. And am looking for a decent pinball machine next.

I suppose it will never happen. But.... I have a small shop, very small, In my home town, that is for sale for 10k. It would be a decent spot on the Main Street of a town nobody visits. But it would get my arcade games out of the house and my wife wouldn’t be mad when I bring home the next one. For the few people who would pass by and stop in to play a game or two. It would be fun to just have it like it was in the 80’s. And I could use it for vending machine storage and a repair shop. Maybe party’s could rent the spot by the hour and I’d just set the games on free play. I donno. Stupid right?

that’s the reason I’m looking for a pretty ok changer. I’ve seen them in much worse shape sell for much more than I thought they were worth. But then again I kinda know vending machines and arcade games just a little.

stupid dream right? I should just sell the ones I have and let it go.

thanks again!

~Tim

Edited by tblake05

The Rowe is no longer supported though I am much more experienced with them.  You would also have to upgrade it beyond the BA-50 that is in it.  *** Funny, I just googled the Rowe bill changer and found a supposed website based in Florida, if they really exist.  Someone might have bought the bill changer line?  I don't know. Here's the website:  https://roweinternational.com/service-manuals/****  The American would be better but a newer version of it would be best.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

The C-2s were pretty good though I never ran any and only worked on a couple of them.  You probably want to pick up 2, 3 or all 4 so that you might put 1 together and so you'll have spare parts.  Just remember, you are getting 20 year old changers.  I saw a BC100 and BC150 which I ran on my routes but without extra machines for spare parts the C-2 is probably a better bet.  You should get the nicer Dutro dolly and those piano dollies too.  It's a real shame to see the remains of a large regional vending company after Canteen spits out what they don't want from their buyout.  The world is much worse off without large regional operators that the cities have come to know and recognize.  It's also sad to see the Lightspeed racking going to waste.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

The C-2s were pretty good though I never ran any and only worked on a couple of them.  You probably want to pick up 2, 3 or all 4 so that you might put 1 together and so you'll have spare parts.  Just remember, you are getting 20 year old changers.  I saw a BC100 and BC150 which I ran on my routes but without extra machines for spare parts the C-2 is probably a better bet.  You should get the nicer Dutro dolly and those piano dollies too.  It's a real shame to see the remains of a large regional vending company after Canteen spits out what they don't want from their buyout.  The world is much worse off without large regional operators that the cities have come to know and recognize.  It's also sad to see the Lightspeed racking going to waste.

C2’s got it. Thanks!

im unfamiliar with dutro dollies. Can you tell me what auction they are? I hear you and everyone speak highly of them- though I don’t know what they are or how they are used.

also I’m interested in a couple of them ams refrigerated combo machines. Have spots ready for them. Good machines?

thanks for the insight.