Genesis Machines Route Card Reader Add-on

Charlie613

Hi All,

Any Genesis gurus out there? Considering buying a route with 30 Genesis machines.
Would like to add smarts to them (readers+Parlevel) but it's unclear if these guys can be upgraded.

95% of the route is the smaller machines which is the Genesis GO 127+137 (Snacks+drinks combo). Picture of logic board attached.

The larger machine is the RS-800, of which there are only 2, so I'm not so worried about those.

JPEG image-61D9578C6ACB-1.jpeg

On 10/31/2022 at 2:44 PM, MidStateVending said:

You are going to get a lot of haters out there... but trust us... the Go-127's are plentiful but you will be fixing them more than filling them. So much pain and the parts are scarce.

I hear that, and yes, I see that guys on here have bad experience, I'm taking them at their word. 
The thing is, the price for the route is really really competitive (and the location is perfect for my existing route), so I'm looking at these as pure location only sites, which will have Genesis' until I can place newer machines there.

1 hour ago, Charlie613 said:

I hear that, and yes, I see that guys on here have bad experience, I'm taking them at their word. 
The thing is, the price for the route is really really competitive (and the location is perfect for my existing route), so I'm looking at these as pure location only sites, which will have Genesis' until I can place newer machines there.

Of course I don't know about the "location" but if it has one of these combo machines, it tells me that it is not doing much volume... but you seem like a smart person so just 'buyer beware'. On the positive side, the parts from these combos are so rare that they go for a lot on eBay (for example). You could get good money for the compressor, validator, coin mech, keypad, boards, shims, and on rare occasions the motors.

Edited by MidStateVending

On 11/6/2022 at 1:30 AM, MidStateVending said:

Of course I don't know about the "location" but if it has one of these combo machines, it tells me that it is not doing much volume... but you seem like a smart person so just 'buyer beware'. On the positive side, the parts from these combos are so rare that they go for a lot on eBay (for example). You could get good money for the compressor, validator, coin mech, keypad, boards, shims, and on rare occasions the motors.

Good point and well noted. 
A positive I’m seeing in this is that some of these locations (the busier ones) do need more volume, and have the space for a full snack+drinks. So there’s that. 

8 hours ago, Charlie613 said:

Allen- I just saw a 380 in person with a card reader on it. 

any way to know which ones support the reader and which ones don’t 

Only by looking at the coin acceptor. The non mdb’s use a small blue coin acceptor about 3”x3” that empties into a separate coin sorter/dispenser