PicoVend Mini Card Reader

Talidus

Hey folks, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with PicoVend Mini Card Readers that come from 365. As you may know, Parlevel was purchased by 365 in 2022.

Looking for more detail on the readers as an option to couple with their VMS software or do you prefer the more traditional Cantaloupe or Nayax readers? I know the Pico readers have a slightly slower DAX update interval every 6 hours but, still have accurate timestamps in the data itself. Anyone with Parlevel VMS experience choosing their card reader of choice is welcome!

Attached is the brochure.

PicoVendMini.png

13 hours ago, jasonkw said:

It's just a whitelabel Castles reader. They even keep the Castles logo on the reader.

Same as the ePort Engage, PayComplete UPT, Parlevel PayPlus...

Thanks Jason. Given the number of card readers out there, I haven't found a good resource to determine which brand is right for us. If anyone has experience using any of these and have landed on their favorite. I appreciate any feedback you have on why you landed on your card reader of choice.

Are any of them better than the other really?  They all use crappy china built hardware and have terrible customer service unless you a giant company.  Pick whatever one has the best rates and the features you like and move on.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/8/2023 at 8:16 PM, Talidus said:

Hey folks, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with PicoVend Mini Card Readers that come from 365. As you may know, Parlevel was purchased by 365 in 2022.

Looking for more detail on the readers as an option to couple with their VMS software or do you prefer the more traditional Cantaloupe or Nayax readers? I know the Pico readers have a slightly slower DAX update interval every 6 hours but, still have accurate timestamps in the data itself. Anyone with Parlevel VMS experience choosing their card reader of choice is welcome!

Attached is the brochure.

PicoVendMini.png

Hello, did anyone end up getting the picvend mini?

We have 10 or so of the 365 Pico devices on coolers in small locations. They have been relatively trouble free. On vending, we are 100% Nayax. 

19 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

We have 10 or so of the 365 Pico devices on coolers in small locations. They have been relatively trouble free. On vending, we are 100% Nayax. 

How has the overall experience with Nayax? The reviews on all these are scary for a new vending machine owner like myself. How has been the experience with 365?