Canadian Coins

Mike4

8 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

Pretty sure you can exchange foreign currency at your bank.  Also, there are often currency exchange booths at int'l airports.

I know my bank wont. If you know of one that does let me know.

I will check in to the airport. But the Orlando International Airport aint no joke..  hard to just pull up and drop coins. :)

My bank doesn't exchange currency either. I wait till I get a ton of them and just sell the batch on ebay. You won't get face value, but whatever. Another thing I do, If i'm paying for a soda or whatever at a convenience store, i'll mix one or two in with other quarters. Right now I probably have a couple hundred laying around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Turn off the Canadian acceptance in your coin mechs.  You should not get any Canadian money just like you shouldn't get any pennies.

Most of mine come from my bulk machines. No way to weed them out. 

Mike, any Canadian quarter 1965 or before is 80% silver IIRC.  Its harder to find silver US coins because everyone knows 1964 and before, not many know about Canadian coins and I have found quite a few.  In case you have a jar, sort through them before you dump them.  Almost $2.00 for .25cents face value for a quarter is a good rate.

35 minutes ago, tblake05 said:

Mike, any Canadian quarter 1965 or before is 80% silver IIRC.  Its harder to find silver US coins because everyone knows 1964 and before, not many know about Canadian coins and I have found quite a few.  In case you have a jar, sort through them before you dump them.  Almost $2.00 for .25cents face value for a quarter is a good rate.

Yes for sure. I have quite a few silver Canadians. 

• Like 1