Polyvend - A whole row not registering and £1 coins falling straight through

LV35

Really hope someone can help with this as its just been one of those days!  🙃

Bought a second hand machine (listed as well maintained and fully functional), had it delivered to site today, but the machine isn't even recognising there is a shelf D, so shelf D cannot be used as nothing can be sold from it.

I checked in/on the machine settings and it recognises/lists shelves A,B,C and F, but shelf D isn't listed or recognised at all and shelf E doesn't exist.

The machine also isn't accepting any pound coins, it is just spitting them all out.

Anyone got any ideas as to why shelf D isn't recognised by the machine itself, and why it isn't accepting pound coins please?  (I've tried it with the coin mech that came with the machine today and also with one of my own working coin mechs, but the same thing is happening with both).

If anyone could help with any suggestions, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Edited by LV35

The shelf is connected by a harness to the rear wall.  You should pull the D shelf and confirm that connection.  Also, look at the switches on the vend motors.  They should all be oriented in the same direction.  If one of your motors is unplugged or faulty, or just a bad switch on the motor, it could be your issue.

In the programming, see if you're able to set prices for "D".  Sometimes, unpriced selections are disregarded but I'm don't recall exactly regarding Polyvend

• Like 1

• LV35 changed the title to Polyvend - A whole row not registering and £1 coins falling straight through

You really should give us the model number.  But if your shelves plug in on the right side of each shelf, you probably have a broken wire just above the connector on that shelf harness.  This is very common to Polyvends as every time the shelf is moved out and in, the wired to that connector are flexed.  Eventually the front one breaks, but it will be the one that is common to every motor.

I thought I would update under my initial question as I thought it might help someone else who might just come across the same /similar issue I just had with my newest machine.

If your machine has a full shelf not working, doesn't work under test or under attempted vend and prices cannot be set for that shelf either (but the button for that shelf IS working), try checking that the shelf is setup and listed correctly in the settings on your machine. Mine listed shelves A,B,C & F, but D wasn't listed  - you can just toggle each shelf either on or off in the settings (my shelf D had been set at off by the previous owner), so the whole of that shelf was not working till I corrected that setting.

Also, if your coin mech isn't accepting pound coins (or another coin), it might also be worth checking that the coin denomination isn't ‘inhibited’ in the settings of the coin mech itself.  All coins on mine were 'free'(enabled), but £1 coins were set as inhibited (disabled). So any £1 coins added to the machine were immediately rejected. Seems like such a small thing now but I didn’t know about coin inhibiting prior to this.

I’ve learned and am still learning so much from this amazing forum so I thought I would give back a little and share what worked for me in the hope this might just also help someone else too 🙂 

I called back to the site again today as coin mech still seems to be playing up, so i'm going to swap out the current coin mech (Currenza) for an MEI in the hope that will be a better fit, will be more reliable and will not keep rejecting £1 coins!

Thanks everyone for all the patient advise and suggestions as always!

(I believe it is a Crane 167/168)

IMG_66F32CC67AC0-1.jpeg

Edited by LV35

So let's be clear here.  You do not have a Polyvend.  You likely have a GPL which is close to a National machine though the selection keypad is specific to this machine and not interchangeable with National selection keypads (not referring to your service keypad.)

• Thanks 1

See this is just one of the things I like so much about you, AZVendor!

I bought this as a Polyvend and was then told it was a Crane 167/168, but I KNOW that what you say will be spot on, so I now KNOW that I have a GPL! THANK YOU! 😃

Any info you can offer me on this machine or any links to any programming guides, parts manuals etc would be so very much appreciated as I definitely haven't had a GPL before!   Is it known to be a decent machine, AZVendor?

On 12/22/2023 at 3:17 PM, AZVendor said:

So let's be clear here.  You do not have a Polyvend.  You likely have a GPL which is close to a National machine though the selection keypad is specific to this machine and not interchangeable with National selection keypads (not referring to your service keypad.)

No, looks like he’s in the UK. What we got as GPLs or Glasco GS2s were sold there as Polyvends.