Know what year or brand this is?

candmvend

I bought this old vending machine out of a body shop out in the country.  Got no key and I've not drilled it out yet, but I'm thinking it may have some old coins in it.  Anyway before I do something stupid and start drilling out the locks I'm wondering what it is exactly.  About what year?  What's it worth?  Stuff like that.  Anybody know much about it?  It's only 3" deep at the top and even the bottom portion is only 10" deep.  Even has two handles on either side to pick it up and move it!  Thanks for any information.

ov1.jpg

ov.jpg

Thanks. 

I doubt it was for "car products" as this was an old mans body shop way out in the country.  Not much foot traffic at this place, maybe Mr Woods and one or two employees over the years plus the few customers who were there for paint work or estimates.

I'm guessing it was some sort of early cracker/snack machine.  Maybe Lance or Nabisco, etc?

On 12/27/2023 at 9:36 PM, candmvend said:

I bought this old vending machine out of a body shop out in the country.  Got no key and I've not drilled it out yet, but I'm thinking it may have some old coins in it.  Anyway before I do something stupid and start drilling out the locks I'm wondering what it is exactly.  About what year?  What's it worth?  Stuff like that.  Anybody know much about it?  It's only 3" deep at the top and even the bottom portion is only 10" deep.  Even has two handles on either side to pick it up and move it!  Thanks for any information.

ov1.jpg

ov.jpg

In case you haven't found it yet, it appears to be an old Tom's snack machine from maybe the 50s?

V-UYqM4kW7srOkLCwQ-Igg-1388936178.thumb.jpg.6d89f1d83d8982bb53103053b206aa9c.jpg

Yeah, Thanks.  I was searching online for "oldest vending machines" and found some pics similar to yours.  I too believe it was an old 5 cent Toms Peanuts machine.  I'm still not sure the year or value but I'm about to drill out the lower lock just to see if there is any brand info inside and to see if there is any old money!😃

Opened it up and found about 80 nickels inside.  Oldest was 1939, newest was 1967.  Anyway just wanted to update and say it's sold.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Interesting info on the coins.  I guess we now now the last time it was used and we know how old the nickles were that were still in circulation in 1967.  I remember lots of old coins from back then.  I collected them for a while.

On 1/7/2024 at 10:09 PM, AZVendor said:

Interesting info on the coins.  I guess we now now the last time it was used and we know how old the nickles were that were still in circulation in 1967.  I remember lots of old coins from back then.  I collected them for a while.

I occasionally have random customers ask me if I ever see specific coins.  I don't know about  you, but I don't have the time for that lol.

• Like 1