Need to put CC Reader on my old Royal 660

I will provide pictures of the control board.  The Eprom on it is 67015-8.

I thought could buy the updated Eprom, which is 67015-10, and hopefully make it compatiable for my Nayax reader.

I heard today that the only way for it to work is to buy a new control board, which is $795 through D & S Vending.

OUCH!  Is this for sure what I have to do?  

Still hoping for that a $40-50 eprom will do it… but if I have to do another control board, is it possible to get a cheaper refurbished one?

I don't know why you were told that but you can easily see that the eprom is removable so you should be able to get one to update your machine.  That is if the -10 is what you truly need.  Where did you find that info?  And you need to ask D&S why a new board is needed.  

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

I don't know why you were told that but you can easily see that the eprom is removable so you should be able to get one to update your machine.  That is if the -10 is what you truly need.  Where did you find that info?  And you need to ask D&S why a new board is needed.  

Agreed. Those are completely updatable with a new eprom.  I would consider purchasing a replacement Timekeeper ram at the same time so that you start from a good place.  Go to directly to Royal to confirm which firmware is the latest for your particular equipment.

Mouser Electronics among others carries those.

10 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Agreed. Those are completely updatable with a new eprom.  I would consider purchasing a replacement Timekeeper ram at the same time so that you start from a good place.  Go to directly to Royal to confirm which firmware is the latest for your particular equipment.

Mouser Electronics among others carries those.

I talked to a royal vendor guy today and he seemed pretty convinced that I needed a new control board to use a CC reader. 

When I talked to him about the new eprom update, he basically said “you can try, but we’ve never tested that over here to see if it would work”

well, I’m willing to give it a try because the eprom is only $40 and a  ew Board is $700+.

Royal tech support told me the same thing no my Merlin iv 650. That I would need a new board and updated selection harness. So I just got a board like my other 650 has and made a selection harness. Good to go. They also couldn’t tell me if the updated eprom they offer could make my original board work with cashless. Granted a different board than yours. But same story.

wonder if royal tech support is becoming like usi tech support.

19 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Did you ask what changed between your board and the "new" board?  They did have some models that used what they called the KO board.

he didn’t go into a lot of detail of what changed, but he basically said my red button board was about five boards behind now and I really need a blue button board that has the current software 67325-2

He said there are some blue button boards that are 67325–1 but they wouldn’t work as well with a cc reader.

Did you try putting a CC reader on the existing board?  I have a couple Royal 660s with the old red button boards and they are working fine with CC readers (Nayax).  They even report cash sales.

Edited by darkinthepark