3rd party for pepsi / coca-cola

sarholder

I'd like to know if there is anyone here who has had success being a 3rd party vendor to say coke? I'm new to learning this business and would like to connect if possible. I am also wondering if anyone here has experience operating on a military installation or through AAFES. 

Bottlers are less inclined than ever now to loan or lease machines to 3rd party vendors, however this has always been a crap shoot based on local bottler preferences.  Even when they were willingly doing it, a vendor needed to have quite a few of their machines out to make it worthwhile for them.  Getting into vending with that plan is not going to work, mainly because they aren't interested in vendors that don't have a clue.  Buy yourself some used soda machines and put them out to learn the ropes.  As a new vendor, don't try to penetrate the military locations as that requires lots of hoops to jump through and there is certainly a vendor there already. 

Back in the 80's and 90's I started as a Pepsi 3rd party as Coke wouldn't even speak to me.  I went on for years with Pepsi equipment on loan along with my own machines.  Not until I landed a huge account and needed 100 soda machines at one time did Coke have any interest in me.  Even at that point all I got from them were crappy Cavalier machines that broke constantly. It took a long time before I got good equipment from them.  Luckily, here in Phoenix, both Coke and Pepsi didn't lease the machines, they loaned them.  That doesn't happen any longer though.

To my knowledge, it's pretty uncommon to do their vending.  It does happen but usually in regions that they dont' have the manpower to cover so they just basically sub it out to a local vendor.  Even if a local bottler decided to offload something big in a major city, it would likely be so much product that only a big vendor could handle.