Gate Keeping

MoFixIt

I am a young man who has been working as a vending machine technician and i try to learn everything i can and store that knowledge but some of you seem to want to just keep it to yourselves which i find quite sad considering we are a dying breed.

My whole passion when I'm off. Work is doing restoration on pop machines. Snack machines etc So instead of gatekeeping knowledge from a young man who has passion in this Line of work maybe help him.

Good morning 

I applaud anyone willing to learn the equipment but I’m taken aback by the idea that this forum is guarding or “gatekeeping” any information. It’s quite the opposite.  We are all on here giving out sound advice for free. This is because we care about our industry and want to share the knowledge we’ve accumulated over decades of busting our knuckles and making up curse words trying to figure this stuff out. 

What question did you ask that wasn’t answered to make you believe anyone is “gatekeeping”? 

Are you expecting that we all just remember and spelled out every incident’s issue, troubleshooting technique and solution on a single page in this thing?  That just not realistic. It would be 300 pages long and read like stereo instructions.

understand that you actually have the a reference that most of us never had.  Remember to show respect and understand that we are here to help on our own time and our own dime.

Nothing is owed to any of us so be appreciative when the knowledge you need is only a question away. 

2 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Good morning 

I applaud anyone willing to learn the equipment but I’m taken aback by the idea that this forum is guarding or “gatekeeping” any information. It’s quite the opposite.  We are all on here giving out sound advice for free. This is because we care about our industry and want to share the knowledge we’ve accumulated over decades of busting our knuckles and making up curse words trying to figure this stuff out. 

What question did you ask that wasn’t answered to make you believe anyone is “gatekeeping”? 

Are you expecting that we all just remember and spelled out every incident’s issue, troubleshooting technique and solution on a single page in this thing?  That just not realistic. It would be 300 pages long and read like stereo instructions.

understand that you actually have the a reference that most of us never had.  Remember to show respect and understand that we are here to help on our own time and our own dime.

Nothing is owed to any of us so be appreciative when the knowledge you need is only a question away. 

Only posts that this guy has is hijacking threads or reviving dead ones to ask about how to get into Pepsi HVVs.

I personally do not give out info on how to open machines to new users, it’s a security risk. I’m sure a lot of other experienced guys feel the same. Doesn’t help that he’s ignoring forum etiquette at the same time, either.

• Like 1

If that's all he needs, he can talk to his local Pepsi for a working key fob or instructions on how to open the machine without one.  At least at that point they will be able to confirm that the asset is not in their system as missing.

Yeah.. I only saw you make one post asking how to break into an HVV.  I'm not sure what else you are worried about.  If it's a pepsi HVV machine, then Pepsi may own it.  We really don't want to share how to break into machines on here because most of us use this forum to share our experience as operators, not techs.  The last thing we need is to teach everyone how to break into vending machines.