Wittern 3505 door hinges adjustment?

Hey guys,

3505 slave machine I just bought, the door sags far on the t-bolt side. So much that it won’t close easily. I did level the cabinet. Helped a little, and there are slotted adjustments, I moved the door around a bunch but can’t get it to close easily.

is there replacement door hinges or bushings? Or what do you suggest? I’ve never had this issue before…

thanks!

Put a pallet jack under the door when it's open 90 degrees.  With the cabinet level, loosen the top hinge bolts and level the door then re-tighten the bolts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Put a pallet jack under the door when it's open 90 degrees.  With the cabinet level, loosen the top hinge bolts and level the door then re-tighten the bolts.

Thanks AZ, I’ll try that.

is it possible someone bent the door hinge bracket? When it’s closed, The bottom one has a big gap between the door and the bracket. Also that one the bolts were loose when I bought the machine. Wondering if they may have been loose for a long time and it got bent from repeated use while not lined up correctly.

It’s not uncommon that the door will be lifted off the hinge pin on bottom and a spacer/washer placed there for the door to rest on. It helps lift the door and align your thandle on older machines. That could account for the gap you’re seeing at the bottom. It could be that someone installed an over/undersized washer down there throwing off your door alignment.

With used equipment, anything is possible. 

• Like 1

We have had issues with tose. The bolts that fasten the bottom hinge plate became loose. When tightening be careful to not over tighten. They will strip out fairly easily.  Also check alignment of the cage nut assembly.  Once door is out of alignment, the T-handle does not align properly and can bend the houising bracket that holds the cage nut.

• Like 1