New Member - Issue with CoinCo 6000 XL

Afternoon,

New member here.

Had a question about my CoinCo6000XL in my vending machine at work. Yes...I know the main problem is I own that coin changer and have had to have it worked on twice...and constantly have problems. My question now is.....it was working "fine" and now all of a sudden coins just go straight through the machine and out the bottom. Doesn't register anything. Machine is showing operational, all green, Dianostics good, each tube above 10 coins, cleaned very well in the acceptor and sorter, no jams, good quarters, etc. Yesterday was working fine and now....wont accept anything....but if you insert a dollar and ask for a return it will spit out 4 quarters.

Just needing some guidance on what I can do to solve this....it's always something with this coin changer and I wish I knew of an easy swap for it.

Thanks for any help to get back operational.

Edited by JonVending

If you want to swap it any MDB coin mech will work. An MEI CF7512 has great change capacity and is rock solid reliable. If you don’t need a ton of change capacity get a Coinco 9302GX. Also rock solid mechs.

Make sure the coin return linkage isn’t laying on the mech’s return lever. This will cause all coins to pass through the mech.  Also, check you errors to see if you have any corresponding messages like door switch or something that will take the entire machine out of service

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vendo Mike said:

Make sure the coin return linkage isn’t laying on the mech’s return lever. This will cause all coins to pass through the mech.  Also, check you errors to see if you have any corresponding messages like door switch or something that will take the entire machine out of service

Are you referring to the cable connector ribbon from the acceptor? The mech's return lever is the red curved bar called the escrow lever? I have checked all messages and have run the auto test diagnostic and everything comes back fine, even dispersing coins for return. We did in the beginning have the "sort door open" error because the door wasn't fully closing correctly but have fixed that issue.

Edited by JonVending
Correction

The machine generally has a metal or plastic linkage that presses the coin return (red lever) on the mech when a consumer presses the return button on the front of the machine. If the spring has failed, the weight of the linkage can depress you mech’s return lever. 

11 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

The machine generally has a metal or plastic linkage that presses the coin return (red lever) on the mech when a consumer presses the return button on the front of the machine. If the spring has failed, the weight of the linkage can depress you mech’s return lever. 

Thank you for this!

I will check that today and see if there is pressure on the escrow bar or I'd like to see if the escrow bar is returning to it's normal position. Hoping it's something as simple as this.

Update: I went outside and made sure the linkage had a sliver of gap between it and the escrow lever. No pressure is resting on the escrow lever and I made sure the EL is in its normal position. I tried two quarters with the machine closed and the coins passed straight through again.

You either have a coin jammed in the acceptor, a dirty coin path in the acceptor or it needs to be replaced with a better coin mech.  Paying twice to have it fixed is wasted money on that coin mech.

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

You either have a coin jammed in the acceptor, a dirty coin path in the acceptor or it needs to be replaced with a better coin mech.  Paying twice to have it fixed is wasted money on that coin mech.

Are you familiar with these units? The reason I ask is I have opened the acceptor swing door, cleaned the inside, and cleaned the coin ramp. There are these two dots I see on the inside where it looks like the coin passes and I don't know if these need a q-tip to wipe out (Acceptor Picture). Maybe they are the area that debris has gotten into. Also, wouldn't any jam be somewhere inside the Sorter Area since the tubes can freely swing out with no obstructions? (sorter picture). I have removed the plastic clear pieces, wiped down, and re-applied.

Acceptor.JPG

Sorter.JPG

The two holes are just magnets inside there, no sensors. There's supposed to be a clear plastic dot over each one.  Really, just pony up and replace it. 

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

The two holes are just magnets inside there, no sensors. There's supposed to be a clear plastic dot over each one.  Really, just pony up and replace it. 

Any recommendations?

To ensure the issue is the coin mech, it might be a good idea to put that unit on a known working machine to confirm.  If the mech is faulty, the mech will need to be replaced/repaired.  I'm with AZ on the replacement recommendations.