Nayax misreporting

Dixie narco 276e, EPROM 381.31, having a weird glitch. The first Monster purchase ($4) after ANY credit card transaction reports on Nayax as $1.44. Tested it this morning with cash after a CC transaction, and the reader reported “charged 1.60”, but no change was given- a good thing because that means I’m selling Monster at my target price. This doesn’t happen to any other selection.

I run Monster at the same price out of the same machine model at other locations with no glitches, but the EPROMS are later, I think 381.41, so I’m fairly confident that’s what’s causing it, but wanted to get others opinions?

And I'm understanding correctly that the EPROM is what drives the logic of the board? Is this a known issue with the older EPROM? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the specific motor selection or perhaps the value of the selection. 

I'm not familiar enough with Dixie's firmware specifics with regard to running readers.   The EPROM holds the firmware which is the OS that the machine runs on.  Basically, "what to do and how to do it."   Any time a new device is introduced into a system with firmware that it wasn't designed for, you have a variety of issues that can show themselves.  The .31 firmware was around in the early 2000's and today's readers weren't a primary consideration.  There were a few readers on the market so this will likely "function" but have hidden issues to be resolved such as Dex reporting, etc.  This is why you should update to the latest available firmware to ensure that you have a solid base to work from. 

The .41 eprom should fix it and the proof is that your other working machines already have it.  You're questioning the obvious.  If that doesn't fix it then the issue is on the Nayax side; perhaps the card reader needs a firmware update.

Edited by AZVendor