DN 5591 cooling

We have a DN5591 bottle drop machine.  We had a problem with water leaking out of the machine.  The drain hose was clogged, got that cleared out, the pan is clean and dry now.

now the machine is not cooling down.

the machine says it’s 57 F.  Both fans are working.  I can feel air moving thru the inside but it is not very cold.  Could it be a Freon leak or maybe compressor going out?

any comments ?

thank you,

James

If it has already thawed out, hence the water, and it's not cooling, then it's low on freon which is why it froze up or condensed a lot of water and is now warm.  You may have just been on the edge of cooling and then when it got warm it didn't have enough gas to cool back down.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYCandyMaN said:

shut it off for a bit, let the ice melt

There is no frost on the evaporator coil.

I did shut down for a while, but I couldn’t leave it off too long.  Iam going to shut it down fir a long time today and see what that does.

thank you.

Turning it off won't matter since you don't have any frost to melt off.  You need to have a certified vending refrigeration tech come and recharge it for you.

I have two new in the carton cooling decks for the 5591's bought 3 of them years ago as insurance for the growing number of bottle drops we had out in the field - think that was around 2017 - since then we have only had to use one...and that was to rebuild a free machine that was only missing the deck. 

Point is most of the time these are fairly easy to repair - in 15 years have not had a full on compressor failure in any of the Dixie drops - probably just low on coolant, have a pro refill check for leaks and move on...