Best 25 cent toys

davidsurvz

David,

It sounds like it's a location that is a good mixture of people types. Check on the A&A Global site and look at items like Bok Choy Boy or Adopt-a-puppy that normally sells for $.50 each. Don't do any of the items that the rest of the area is selling for $.25 like Mini-Mulz. The Bok Choy Boy would play towards boys and the Adopt-a-puppy would be good for both boys and girls. If I had the account that's what I would have in a two head machine.

Gary

I was asking how many in the 1 inch because I figured you could get 1 or 2 glow sticks in the cap. The extra glowstick in a one inch adds how many cents to the price you pay? I think I was paying around 7 cents per cap for 1 glowstick, figuring the cap is 2-3 cents, you'd pay 12 or so for a one inch cap with 2 glowsticks?

Moustaches blow out of my machines at 50 cents.  I also do well with necklace & ring mix from Flatline.  Mini Malz & Aliens from A & A do well also.  If locations will allow it any sticky mix is always a top seller.  It is hard to sell 1" capsules at a quarter & still pay a commission and make any real money.  I am in the process of converting all my 1" to 50 cents & all my 2" to 75 cents.  My locations consist of movie theatres, Pizza Huts and many restaurants throughout KS, OK, NE & MO.  If anyone needs any quarter 1" mechs or 50 cent 2" mechs let me know.  I have Oak, A & A, Northwestern & Beaver mechs for sale.

why don`t you buy the conversion kits and just upgrade your mechs?it is simple,doesnt take much skill ,know how or time.if you have locations in 4 states you probably have many machines and imo would be worth it.I cant remember what I paid for the kits but I would bet my nuts I save 20 bucks,even after haveing to buy the 75 cent decal.a mech for super 80 is 30 bucks right?I know I could do 10 an hour= $200 my lawyermakes less then that.

That is a good point.  I have a friend in the business & he suggested converting them also.  I am definitely time constrained & like the idea of just getting a brand new mech.  Plus I have sold most of the mechs that I have pulled out.  I can tell you every new machine I buy is a 50 cent 1"  & 75 cent 2"

this hapens to me too on this site.I can`t understand it.

if someone else post while you are writing it doesnt automatically post what you wrote.

it says "warning some else posted while you were writing, consider revising."

Mini Malz & Aliens from A & A do well also. 

I have a hard time selling MiniMalz in 2" for 50c.  I sell less than 10 of them per month, in various types of locations.  I get very leary of selling the 1" for 50c.

I am in the process of converting all my 1" to 50 cents & all my 2" to 75 cents. 

I have this general fear that if I start uping from 25c to 50c in my existing locations, I might get a wholesale boycott of my stuff.  Are you finding that your sales delined after you increased your prices?

I have this general fear that if I start uping from 25c to 50c in my existing locations, I might get a wholesale boycott of my stuff.  Are you finding that your sales delined after you increased your prices?

I do very well with .50 one inch.  to make it work you will need to raise the top (two inch machines) to .75 and 1.00.  That will also raise profit on the top.  Just use your head lets say your sharing a location with another company you dont want to out price your self.  Thats business is not a perfect science and tatics dont work evey where. I have been doing this for 15 years and one thing that always happen in change be it pricing or products you have to be willing to change with the business.

Moustaches blow out of my machines at 50 cents.  I also do well with necklace & ring mix from Flatline.  Mini Malz & Aliens from A & A do well also.  If locations will allow it any sticky mix is always a top seller.  It is hard to sell 1" capsules at a quarter & still pay a commission and make any real money.  I am in the process of converting all my 1" to 50 cents & all my 2" to 75 cents.  My locations consist of movie theatres, Pizza Huts and many restaurants throughout KS, OK, NE & MO.  If anyone needs any quarter 1" mechs or 50 cent 2" mechs let me know.  I have Oak, A & A, Northwestern & Beaver mechs for sale.

Glad to see another large vendor like my self.  sounds like your running some of the same price structure as i am

Sooner or later everyone is going to have to raise their prices on toys.  You might as well do it now while everything else is going up!  Sales might suffer in the near term but you must have a long term view if you want to stay in business.  I love going into a location and a 50 cent 1" head is half empty & the quarters just fall out when you open the machine!  I have found that my 50 cent 1" machines outperform my 75 cent 2" machines. 

• Like 1

Sooner or later everyone is going to have to raise their prices on toys.  You might as well do it now while everything else is going up!  Sales might suffer in the near term but you must have a long term view if you want to stay in business.  I love going into a location and a 50 cent 1" head is half empty & the quarters just fall out when you open the machine!  I have found that my 50 cent 1" machines outperform my 75 cent 2" machines. 

I don't find that surprising since my 25c 1" items usually sell much better than my 50c 2" items at just about every location.

Ok, let me ask you some specifics.  If you have multiple 1" machines, do you sell everything for 50c, or do you mix it up with only the high-end items selling for 50c?  I'm asking this because I have several locations where I have 3 1" machines selling toys and I don't know if it would be better to jack them all up, or only do it for some.  I'm going to assume that gumballs will always be 25c no matter what.

I don't find that surprising since my 25c 1" items usually sell much better than my 50c 2" items at just about every location.

Ok, let me ask you some specifics.  If you have multiple 1" machines, do you sell everything for 50c, or do you mix it up with only the high-end items selling for 50c?  I'm asking this because I have several locations where I have 3 1" machines selling toys and I don't know if it would be better to jack them all up, or only do it for some.  I'm going to assume that gumballs will always be 25c no matter what.

Incorrect about the gum.  jellybelly and nerds gum both do well at .50.  You can also order 3/4 inch gumballs and still so them at .25.  either way your raising the price thats the way im going.

If you are going to raise your 1" capsules to 50 cents I would raise every one on the rack.  Although you can keep your gumballs & superballs at a quarter.  I would not recommend having some 1" caps at a quarter & some at 50 cents.