Best 25 cent toys

davidsurvz

If you are going to raise your 1" capsules to 50 cents I would raise every one on the rack.  Although you can keep your gumballs & superballs at a quarter.  I would not recommend having some 1" caps at a quarter & some at 50 cents.

Ok, so then when you start selling all 1" on the same rack at 50c, do you find yourself still vending the cheaper items at 50c?  Items like the sticky mix from A&A which has a 20% COGS when sold at 25c?  Or do you just go for the higher priced items?

I run quarter items in my 50 cent heads.  I want to make the extra profit, not my supplier.  That being said you can't run junk either.  You can run a quality sticky mix at 50 cents.  I also have luck with good jewelry/ring mixes, aliens, mini malz and moustaches.  I refuse to run 1" that is close to or more than $20 a bag.  You can get quality stuff from Cardinal, A & A & others for $16-$17 a bag.

I run quarter items in my 50 cent heads.  I want to make the extra profit, not my supplier.  That being said you can't run junk either.  You can run a quality sticky mix at 50 cents.  I also have luck with good jewelry/ring mixes, aliens, mini malz and moustaches.  I refuse to run 1" that is close to or more than $20 a bag.  You can get quality stuff from Cardinal, A & A & others for $16-$17 a bag.

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is the same way this i have been running my business the past few years.  It Makes no sence at all to sell one inch at .50 and pay 32.00 a bag for it.  Just to add to jay hawk look at precived value of an item that is the same way a retail store does it and pick items that will sell at .50.  It also goes beyond that you need to adjust your whole rack.  Go to .75 or 1.00 ontop.  Just be careful getting too heavy on 1.00.  If the mint would ever stop making the dollar bill and just make dollar coins this business would be aswome. 

Agree with havending......Your items need "perceived value".....There are plenty of quality 1" quarter items out there.  If your supplier calls it a 50 cent item they just jack up the price so they make the extra money!

I want to let you know the Mustaches for me have been a blowout in every one of my rack locations.  Best and most consistent seller I have had for 2".  Based on 2" sales, I have ordered the 1.1" I will sell at .25 and see how it goes.  I suspect I will receive similar results as the display are exactly the same.

One of my most consistent .25 1.1" toys and best margin products is Sticky Thingys from A&A.  I usually order enough for the 18 bag discount and think they are around $12 a bag.  Hope this helps.

Do you guys replace your .25 mechs with .50 mechs, or do you take .25 toys and buy 2" caps and recap them and place them in your existing .50 machines?

I was thinks about buying .50 mechs for all my NW S 60 .25 machines.  I noticed the .50 mechs do not have the drop through feature to keep small coins out like the .25 do, and wanted to know if that has been a problem for anyone.

Do you guys replace your .25 mechs with .50 mechs, or do you take .25 toys and buy 2" caps and recap them and place them in your existing .50 machines?

I was thinks about buying .50 mechs for all my NW S 60 .25 machines.  I noticed the .50 mechs do not have the drop through feature to keep small coins out like the .25 do, and wanted to know if that has been a problem for anyone.

I cant say this enough since I made the huge mistake in buying new mechs instead of converting existing mechs.at the time I didnt know.there is no excuse not to do it this way,even if u have 1000 machines.

the mechs were 20 bucks or more now.I cant remember what the conversion kit with the .50 decal cost me but it is at least half as much as a mech.I am willing to say 8 bucks for each kit for each mech but for calculation sakes lets say half at $10,worse case scenario.you would save "only" 10 bucks for each mech.if you only did 10 in an hour that would be a saveing of  $100.thats what my lawyer make.plus many more could be done in an hour ecspecially once you get the hang of it.not to mention that it is one price to ship a mech and a much lower price to ship a kit.

do not recap 2 inch toys to 1 inch.buy higher quality 1 inch toys.

I have changed mech's on 2" cap machines from $.50 to $.75 very easily with a kit. It was just a couple of parts and a spring. I was able to do this with my A&A machines but the LYPC's can't. They said they don't sell conversion kits. You have to buy the whole mech if you want to go to $.50 from $.25. This is another thing I will be sure to ask before buying my next set of machines. So instead of paying $6 for a kit, I have to buy $28 for a whole new mech.

You are right Antonio, once you do a couple of changes it gets faster and faster.

Gary

For me, I will never ever put 1" toys in 2" caps to sell them at 50c.  I made the mistake of buying Mini-Malz in 2" caps and they are one of my slowest sellers.

• 2 weeks later...

me too d perry

does anyone know where else I could get ninja fighters besides 5 star?

has anyone tried waxie stix?

A&A has the ninja fighters in 1.1" and for a better price than 5-star.

I think they're around $16-$17 through a&a.

I'm almost sure that's where 5-star is getting them too.

youd be crazy to change that lypc to 50 cents..just buy a whole machine from a&a ,northwestern or whatever for about 10 bucks or so more..make that lypc a gum only machine and move to a diffrent rack or whatever..or best yet just put on single stand and drop it by cash register in one of your best locations withouteven asking..or put in a completly diffrent location,singles are super easy to locate.

ron

I dont think this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone have success with sticky toys?

Yeah, it's been mentioned to death.  There are other threads that talk about the best selling 1" or 2" product.  This is just the latest thread.

My top 5 1in sellers are:

1) Asst. Ford 1080c

2) Acrylic Rings

3) Monkey'n Around figures

4) Sticky Mix

5) Ninja Fighters

I dont think this has been mentioned yet, but does anyone have success with sticky toys?

I have had many shop owners tell me not to use anything sticky because the kids throw the stuff on the walls and the ceilings of the store.