Best Vendors

I have had to deal with these idiots in the past with national accounts that they had put into contract that i was currently operating. But today was the last straw with them, they called my office to let me know that I needed to remove machines on a location that the local Canteen Franchisee was taking over due to a new national contract. I told them my removal schedule is now 60 days out and there is nothing I can do to bump them up any closer on my list. I then later in the day get a call from both Coke and Pepsi saying that they called and complained to them that my third party machines needed to be removed in 7, yes only 7 days. I do can not stand when these management company's come in and try to use their muscle to push out independents and then come up with insane removal schedules. Both Coke and Pepsi told them they are not going to remove the machines until they get word from me since all my contracts require a 60 day written and certified letter to be sent, I told best vendors if they do not like it then they can send someone from their home office to help my guys remove the machines and to make sure they bring their work gloves. They are going to have a rude awakening when they see there is not power in the break room for the machines since we paid to have additional power installed a few years back that is also going to be uninstalled with the machines sometime in july....the moral to this story is vendor beware of these stupid management company's they will try and strong arm you but if you stand up to them there is absolutely nothing they can do.

That's it push back. I've had to deal with those jerks before. The way they treat independents is unbelievable, and another perfect example of the lack of professionalism in our industry. As a matter of fact those guys could be the poster child of unprofessional conduct and lack of respect for fellow vendors.

I can really tell I caught them off guard when I told them it was My Policy that nothing has less than a 60 day removal and must be in writing via certified mail. This was just after they got done telling me that their policy was 30 days not exceptions, I love what the bottlers told me. They both basically told me that they will make sure they have no openings for moves in my area until late June early July if they get a call from these idiots. I this its more like Worst Vendors not best vendors, I made sure I told the rep that called me exactly that.

I dealt with these idiots at a local Walmart account..I pushed back and back but finally had to remove the machine.. I hated to loose the location as it was my best full line spot..but now Pepsi has the snack machines there and they are never filled, they are dirty, employees golpher about the prices.. really makes me upset to think of it..

I plan on pushing this back until it cant possibly go any longer. Its nice to know that all of the machines need to be clam shelled to be removed from the break room they are in so I don't have to worry about them being moved out. The location told me that they will sign a back dated contract which should allow me to stay as long as the contract duration, I am thinking a 15 year with 5 auto 5 years will do the trick.

No worries, I have been involved in the vending business and have learned how to deal with management company's in the past. I always include that any upgrades made to the facility are the sole and exclusive property of our company especially considering if things need replacing they will always go back to me.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but Best Vendors just did the very same thing to many Southern California companies.  These are not small companies but major players in that market.  The new Canteen franchise owner is just cherry picking each account as they expand their operation. 

I had some Best Vendor accounts and they all turned sour on me too.

Blue Moose

I sent these people an email asking them to explain their business practices and invited them to come on board to explain. Here is the full reply I received from their COO...

Our business is a complicated one and from time to time we severe relationships with operators who of course are not happy

Enjoy the weekend

Phil Richards

COO

--------------------------

Sent using BlackBerry

I guess even bigshots don't understand how to spell

Our business is a complicated one and from time to time we severe relationships with operators who of course are not happy

Enjoy the weekend

Phil Richards

COO

It`s a competitive world. I don`t have an argument about them getting/taking business. My gripe is the manner in which they do so.  Like not giving 30 day notice. IMO it exhibits the lack of professionalism so often lacking in our industry.

The saga continues with my dealings with them, I got a call yesterday from my attorney, he said they called his office freaking out because I am refusing to implement anything less than a 60 day removal schedule. They are mad because i was smart enough to do this in such a legal manner that there is absolutely nothing they can do but mark it on the calendar and wait patiently for me to remove my machines from these locations. The company that has the canteen franchise in my area that will be picking these locations up even called me from their home office trying to come up with a way to get me to remove my stuff early, i directed them to my attorney to explain the contract termination process clause that was in clear witting..

I am not familiar with this being a newb.  So these are accounts that best vendors originally closed but allowed you to service?  Then they are comming back months or years later and re-claiming the account?

No not at all, best vendors is a management company that only lines up business under national or regional contracts for franchise company's like canteen. best vendors has never even seen the inside of a vending machine, they are exclusively a marketing hub for national vending company's.