VENDiscuss down today?

NinnJinn

Well we found the problem and it appears to be an interesting one. Here is an email I got from my server manager...

Hello Steve,

It looks like the issue is due to resource consumption.  It appears you have consumed all your available memory, which causes various processes to be killed off in hopes of freeing up memory. It would be my recommendation to add more memory to your server.

It looks like we need to upgrade our server. Thanks alot guys!  :o Talk about growing pains.

What's your server configuration right now?  How much memory does it already have?  I have some spare memory that I'm not using.  I can do without remembering my brother's hat size.  I'll upload it if you need it.

steve was contacted by the server comp. we are using up all the space on our server, hence the problems. the next size up package will cost us $1000, and donations are 1/2 of what they were at this time last year. so this is a big problem, because i don't what we can do about it right now.  :-[

steve was contacted by the server comp. we are using up all the space on our server, hence the problems. the next size up package will cost us $1000, and donations are 1/2 of what they were at this time last year. so this is a big problem, because i don't what we can do about it right now.  :-[

if we can get 10 people do do a hundred or 20 do to 50 does that fix the prob...just curious

steve was contacted by the server comp. we are using up all the space on our server, hence the problems. the next size up package will cost us $1000, and donations are 1/2 of what they were at this time last year. so this is a big problem, because i don't what we can do about it right now.  :-[

Well if I win the lottery tonight I will take care of the $1000 problem  B)

Ok.

I have purchased more memory for our server and there should be no more issues, (for a while anyway)  ;)

Let me take a moment to thank everyone who has made a donation to the forum, no matter how big or small. I know I've said it before but let me say it again, VENDiscuss would not be online if it weren't for you.

If you've never donated, that's fine, I know that not everyone is in a position to donate and I'm not asking for you to start. But what I will ask you to do is thank those who have. This resource would not be available if it weren't for the generosity of our supporters.

Never before has this been more apparent than the last couple days.

Don't sell yourself short Steve,  VENDiscuss would have NEVER been born if it weren't for you!

Agreed, your the best Steve.  As of this coming Wednesday I will be hopefully have the full line portion of my business sold, when I do I have to remember to thank this site in kind.