Why do so many vendors

PnutGallery Co.

Have machines on location with absolutely no id on them? Is it to avoid license or tax isuues? If a kid chokes on a gumball, do they simply abandon ship and never go back to the location or deny owning it? Just curious as I would say 50% of what I see is totally void of any information.

I have business logos on every machine and want people to see that I own them for many different reasons. Just curious if anyone here is running with no id for any reason? <_<

I have my phone number prominently displayed. Just the number. I always make it a point to remind the business owner that I can be reached if there are any problems or questions by using that phone number.

I wonder about that too.right now I have a few machines out there without a state license because my new ones arent in, but my contact info is usaully on the machine.if someone choked on something from my machine it would be unlikely I would find out untill I went there again, since most of my machines are an hour away from me.

None of my machines currently have tags on them. It's not strategic, and it's not to avoid being identified, or to avoid paying taxes. Obviously if I have a machine in someone's location, I have a relationship with the decision maker. Every location owner I do business with has my card on file.

I pay the taxes and local business license fees associated with running a legitimate business.

Anyway... as far as the claim that you would somehow be holding the liability for a child that chokes on a gumball... that's simply not true. You can choke on anything, and that doesn't make it the liability of anyone other than the person choking. You could choke on spaghetti at a restaurant. Is the restaurant liable? No. It's generally known that you need to chew your food before you swallow. The restaurant is responsible for making sure their food doesn't make people sick.

Could you get sued? Sure, people litigate over stupid stuff all the time. I'm not worried about it. You won't be going to jail over it, and I'm sure you can have a nice laugh with the judge if you ever get brought to court over something like that.

Now here's the exception to absolution of liability: If your gumballs are designed to make people choke.

The reason I don't have labels on my machines is because I haven't yet found a label that looks appropriate for my over-all company image. From what I can tell, this isn't an annoyance to location owners (they have my card), but it's an annoyance to other vendors who would like to displace me.

Why would I want other vendors to know who my machines are owned by, anyway? :)

I have a sticker on every machine that reads " FOR SERVICE CALL 1-555-123-4567, I do this so that hopefully someone will call me if my machine isnt vending properly, what amazes me is finding a jammed machine and the location owner getting this stupid a$$ look on their face when I ask them why they didnt call the number on the machine. Giving them a card and expecting them to know where it is when they need service is a joke.

But I dont understand why people dont identify their machines either, it makes it easier for others to steal them away. I also use a sharpie and write my name and phone # several times throughout the inside of my machines, I figure if there stolen the thieves will have a harder time getting them unmarked.

The reason I don't have labels on my machines is because I haven't yet found a label that looks appropriate for my over-all company image. From what I can tell, this isn't an annoyance to location owners (they have my card), but it's an annoyance to other vendors who would like to displace me.

Why don't you use your avatar for your "over-all company image"? It looks pretty cool to me. :-*

I guess my idea for my machines is to have an obvious logo that is very vissible to anyone that looks at my machines. I want the customers to know that this is the vending company that has given them the freshest candy and most generous portions in the past and I also want other business owners to take note of the vending company that has the nicest, cleanest machines in town. Am I making it easier for someone to take my location because they know who I am, I serioulsy doubt it. My ideas was to be highly visible and recognizable for having the nice looking machines in town.

I put my name and phone # on the NCCS sticker and tape it inside the globe. Unless you are paying commission the location owner will throw away your card. I want the location owner to be able to contact me.

Profits

I also think you should use your Avatar (pet cat) LOL!!!! ;D

Man that thing looks scary.

Our information is on every machine we own. I am actually waiting for stickers I have on order that have our company logo and info integrated with the price point on them. Once I have them they will be on every globe, after I get them all serviced that is.

Some vendors may avoid contact ID to minimize getting eviction notices. If there is no phone number, then they can not get the call! Amazingly, some owners will just let a machine sit when they can not contact the owner. Once the owner is over his "eviction mood" or temper tantrum, he may just let the machine hang around much like an abandoned cat. Other vendors may also slam machines in (also know as gorilla locating) without permission and hope no one notices. Again, no phone number, then no eviction notice. Amazingly, some owners tollerate this practice as well and just let it stay - again like an abandoned puppy.

I personally always have ID in every machine. The location can misplace a card, contract or flyer. The ID may be the only way they can get a hold of you if the machines need to be removed or serviced or if they are closing down. ID also makes it easier to recover equipment that was improperly moved or locked up in a closed location. Some landlords require proof of ownership before surrendering equipment in a bankrupt business.

I once had a car wash move a machine to a hotel without my knowledge. The car wash had new ownership and they also owned the hotel. Eight months later, the ID saved the equipment when the hotel manager called to say they were closing. I had written it off as being stolen. Let me tell you, it is rather strange (but good) when a business call you to pickup a machine and you had no idea it was even in there! Another vendor told me he had a rack missing from a closed pizza joint. He believes that the landlord may have sold his equipment since there was no ID on the rack and maybe the landlord thought it belonged to the now evicted/missing business owner. Of course, there is no guarantee that an ID will generate the desired call, but it may have saved his rack - we will never know.

Some vendors may avoid contact ID to minimize getting eviction notices. If there is no phone number, then they can not get the call! Amazingly, some owners will just let a machine sit when they can not contact the owner. Once the owner is over his "eviction mood" or temper tantrum, he may just let the machine hang around much like an abandoned cat. Other vendors may also slam machines in (also know as gorilla locating) without permission and hope no one notices. Again, no phone number, then no eviction notice. Amazingly, some owners tollerate this practice as well and just let it stay - again like an abandoned puppy.

I personally always have ID in every machine. The location can misplace a card, contract or flyer. The ID may be the only way they can get a hold of you if the machines need to be removed or serviced or if they are closing down. ID also makes it easier to recover equipment that was improperly moved or locked up in a closed location. Some landlords require proof of ownership before surrendering equipment in a bankrupt business.

I once had a car wash move a machine to a hotel without my knowledge. The car wash had new ownership and they also owned the hotel. Eight months later, the ID saved the equipment when the hotel manager called to say they were closing. I had written it off as being stolen. Let me tell you, it is rather strange (but good) when a business call you to pickup a machine and you had no idea it was even in there! Another vendor told me he had a rack missing from a closed pizza joint. He believes that the landlord may have sold his equipment since there was no ID on the rack and maybe the landlord thought it belonged to the now evicted/missing business owner. Of course, there is no guarantee that an ID will generate the desired call, but it may have saved his rack - we will never know.

Yes, I have a machine hanging around a location I have. I put a new Beaver rack in this location and there is a P.O.S. old machine there that he has no idea who owns it, so it stays and looks ugly until the owner shows one day. If he happens to come when the owner is gone, it may just get serviced and stay some more. So, yes I can see where a machine with no contact info can hang around. Sure is irritating :'(

Our information is on every machine we own. I am actually waiting for stickers I have on order that have our company logo and info integrated with the price point on them. Once I have them they will be on every globe, after I get them all serviced that is.

JERE WHERE DO YOU GET STICKERS WITH YOUR COMPANY LOGO?

I have a 3-way rack in a local tea house. The tea house moved locations without telling me, but I found them and we continued our relationship. Yesterday I went to go service, and the owner tells me that she's had complaints about the stale M&M's. I look at the vendstar with the M&Ms and tell her that is not my machine. She thought it belonged to me. The NCCS sticker had the guys phone number on it so I suggested she call that number.

Point being, the owner may not even remember who's machines belong to who.

Point being, the owner may not even remember who's machines belong to who.

Yeah, I guess that would be an interesting situation to be in. I want to find some commercial quality labels that don't look like I printed them at home. There is a big vendor in town who has some really impressive labels, and I kinda wish I could call them and ask where they had them made... but I somehow doubt he'd be willing to share.

Archived