Storage Wars/Auction Hunters

Hillbilly

HI,

I just missed out on attending a storage unit auction where I store my stuff...I was mad my helper didn't mention it to me when he went out there so I can't say for sure how good it could have been.....I do want to make it to one sometime soon tho just to see one in real life.

I have attended "regular" (non storage unit auctions) and can say that you can get good deals there.....I've bought many a good deal (car auctions, estate sales, etc)!

On the flip side....If a person rents a storage unit knows they are going to NOT pay unit rent(for whatever reason), it would seem that a person that hard up for $$ would take the good stuff out and at least pawn it or hold a big yard sale or something....Any $$ is better than no $$....I mean it's crazy to see all the high $$ that storage wars lockers have in them....The last one I saw I think Dave got BUNCHES of NEW lighting / disco stuff still boxed from China valued a $30K or so?....I mean come on...How brain dead does somebody have to be to leave a locker like THAT?!? WOW....

I think they have a great cast on the Storage Wars show....good variety of people....I like Brandi ;-)

I never can seem to catch the Auction Hunters show tho (I guess I'm not in or not flipping channels at that time).

Andrew

Brandi is my favorite too. But I think Jarrod is a little odd. They are certainly a mismatched couple.

I saw an ad for an auction in my area for 2 units this past Friday and was wondering if you could really make money doing it. I guess there are many valid reasons as to why a unit would still have some quality stuff in it. I had a business contact once that owned several of these and he said that once a person skips a month's rent that they very rarely catch back up. By that time they are already double locked and they can't get in it. Then the person has to catch up all the late payments and extra charges to get there stuff.

On the flip side....If a person rents a storage unit knows they are going to NOT pay unit rent(for whatever reason), it would seem that a person that hard up for $ would take the good stuff out and at least pawn it or hold a big yard sale or something....Any $ is better than no $....I mean it's crazy to see all the high $ that storage wars lockers have in them....The last one I saw I think Dave got BUNCHES of NEW lighting / disco stuff still boxed from China valued a $30K or so?....I mean come on...How brain dead does somebody have to be to leave a locker like THAT?!? WOW....

Guess you didn't see the episode where Dave( I think it was) got a storage full of brand new combo vending machines still sealed in the boxes for supper cheap and if I remember correctly he got a return of over 20x on his investment.

but the thing I see is, in order to make a profit, you have to be in a good enough area where you can sell all that stuff. Around here IF and when a locker goes up for auction, its basically just junk that is basically worthless. Most storage places around here are mom and pop type, so they just clean the locker out themselves and more times than not, they lose even more money due to a dumpster rental.

In his mind he got that return. The prices he put on those machines were the blue sky, I'm gonna screw you price. No way he sold them for what he said they were worth.

yea dave puts a high value on all his stuff, I agree there's no way he would get that amount, basically he's an golpher!

Brandi is hot and I wonder how in the world Jarrod got that!

yea dave puts a high value on all his stuff, I agree there's no way he would get that amount, basically he's an golpher!

I like the show but I dont believe any of it is real. Its been cast like any TV show. You got a butthead, the eccentric niebor that collects things and the hot girl with the dopey guy that you cant figuare how he ended up with her. (see every TV show ever made). and you always see a hundred people in the background at the sale but only the main characters bid on things. Yes every now and then some unface person in the back bids 10.00 dollars

The other problem is what technivend pointed out. They take stuff to have it appraised but they never sell it.

Thats like me looking at my sons old saturn and saying I think its worth double what he gave for it three years ago. Nobodies going to pay that but thats what I think its worth.

But it is still entertaining. my sons now answer me by yelling Yeeeeep to everything. A neat show I discovered last week is BAR RESCUE I think its called and I think its on Spike TV. Sort of like Restaurant Impossible only with bars but with much better characters

See Andy, I told you there's still hope for you.

I like watching auction hunters and storage wars whether its fake or not. And I love watching Bar Rescue too snack dude along with American pickers, pawn stars, hardcore pawn, american restoration, swamp people and swamp loggers. Thank God for DVR

Were watching storage wars now. The lizard lick guys were in Birmingham a few weeks ago and the wife didn't tell me til after.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I wish they would have made the lizard lick towing show a little less staged its almost as bad as operation repo.

I wish they would have made the lizard lick towing show a little less staged its almost as bad as operation repo.

Not sure if you know this or not, but if you read the fine print on operation repo, they aren't really repossessing vehicles.... It is a reenactment based on actual events that other repo companies have submitted....

Not sure if you know this or not, but if you read the fine print on operation repo, they aren't really repossessing vehicles.... It is a reenactment based on actual events that other repo companies have submitted....

I did not know that about repo but I couldnt stand it anyway. It does explain how that matt guy managed to stay alive this long. American restoration and swamp people are my kind of people.

Is this a great country or what?

Sent from my commandor 64 by tapping my fingers

Archived