From Each Accordding To Their Ability

coinvestor

They started this in West Virginia this year as well. I'm sure it will help some kids get a meal but they went about it in the wrong way as far as I am concerned.

They didn't hire any more cafeteria personnel for one thing. They didn't get any more money in the budget either. So with the same amount of help and money they have to prepare 20-25% more food whether the children eat it or not.

My son in law is an elementary school teacher and we buy school supplies every year so he can give the needy kids stuff that they don't have. We also buy socks. So many kids come to school with no socks on and snowing outside.

They started this in West Virginia this year as well. I'm sure it will help some kids get a meal but they went about it in the wrong way as far as I am concerned.

They didn't hire any more cafeteria personnel for one thing. They didn't get any more money in the budget either. So with the same amount of help and money they have to prepare 20-25% more food whether the children eat it or not.

My son in law is an elementary school teacher and we buy school supplies every year so he can give the needy kids stuff that they don't have. We also buy socks. So many kids come to school with no socks on and snowing outside.

It looks as if they are trying. But as like hillbilly said if its not done right what's the point. Sounds like in WV they are just going to put more strain on an already stressed out system. Kids not having proper meals in school or even at home really ticks me off. In the us there is enough money being pushed around is bs projects and government wast to have every child in the country with a full belly to help them to a better job in school. Two thumbs up hillbilly for the help your giving. I challenge all you others to toss a little extra in the shopping cart this year to help the ones who need it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I agree that children should not go hungry in this country and I commend you hillbilly on your generosity.

I am not intending to sound cold but,I'm I the only one troubled by the fact in order to eliminate the "stigma" of free lunch they are just going to pay for every kid 2.5 meals a day? This is absolutely crazy to me! They will eat more meals at school for free than they eat at home. What the heck are you going to do with the food stamps then.

Wouldn't it just be easier to make it so that nobody can tell if a child is getting their school-provided meal for free or not? In my district, we use an account system. The kids need to know the PIN for their account to pay for the meal. Nobody has to know how the account got filled; whether by the family or by the state.

Wouldn't it just be easier to make it so that nobody can tell if a child is getting their school-provided meal for free or not? In my district, we use an account system. The kids need to know the PIN for their account to pay for the meal. Nobody has to know how the account got filled; whether by the family or by the state.

That's the same thing that the public schools do here. I think that the public school lunch system if flawed all around. It all starts with the federal suplement money that goes in to it. If the feds fund it than they want to control it. Than there are the companies like sysco that bid on and win huge contracts for you guessd it government money and to increase profits they skimpy on quality. My two girls are In private school and the lunch is 5.00 per day each. But its good home style food.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I am not intending to sound cold but,I'm I the only one troubled by the fact in order to eliminate the "stigma" of free lunch they are just going to pay for every kid 2.5 meals a day?

I can't be troubled by the act of giving American kids school meals for free.

There are so many FAR dumber things our government does with our money.

Whether or not one agrees with their reasoning in giving these kids the meals...free meals for American school kids does not even crack the list of the top 1-million stupid things the U.S. government does with our money.

Archived